Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2009, 08:09 AM   #1
Lewis
Our off road vehicle

Drives: 2009 Yaris 3dr
Question TACH-cluster replacement-resetting ODO?

Just bought a replacement instrument cluster from an auto recycler (with the tach, mph, abs light - 125 dollars) for my 3door base model whose cluster lacks a tach (which I consider a necesscity for any car with manual transmission).

I am capable of replacing the cluster myself. Where I'm feeling concern is based on my reading of a multiplicity of posts on this topic which indicate - that the cluster will hold on to what ever mileage it has registered and not "pick up" the ODO mileage from the ECU.

Since my car only has 5K miles on the clock, and the replacement cluster is likely to have many more miles than that-

Is it possible for the dealer to reset the cluster ODO to match the ECU miles via their computer system access?

Any techs out there with THE KNOWLEDGE.

Of cause my dealer claims this can't be done- just like they claimed they couldn't turn off the seat belt chime- right before they turned it off.

Many guys here have posted that you've done this switch- any one been successful in getting your cluster ODO to reset?

Thanks in advance.

Lewis

Last edited by Lewis; 08-10-2009 at 08:30 AM.
Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote