Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Australia
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-01-2008, 08:56 AM   #1
Stoln

Drives: 2007 5 Door Hatch
Power Window Switches

I have a Canadian 5 door RS LB and was wondering if anyone can tell me the part number and price for the drivers power window switches in the dark grey color to match my interior. I want to have a express windor for the passenger and the easiest way to do this is to buy the RHD driver power window switch and wire it up. Than I know I will have the only car with dual 4door window controls in Canada unless someone beat me to it. I appreciate all the help.
Stoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 11:15 AM   #2
TinyGiant
Tiny Giant Clothing

Drives: 2008 Blazing Blue Yaris 3D LB
i just found this listing on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts...=p4506.c0.m245
Old 11-01-2008, 12:35 PM   #3
Stoln

Thanks for the link, now that is a good price, it is just whether or not I feel I can modify the unit to have the auto switch and light moved to the passenger side, guess I could try and if successful the price is worth it.
Old 11-01-2008, 12:44 PM   #4
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
I'm curious about this also -- I think if it works a lot of people would do it.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:28 PM   #5
*MAD DOG*

Drives: 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Send a message via MSN to *MAD DOG*
What i'm after is a switch that does auto up and auto down like the one I had in my Camry.

"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Check out ▬▬► I like I like ◄▬▬ for more fun on Facebook
*MAD DOG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:02 AM   #6
Stoln

I took apart both units and it will be impossible to have the power window do the express on the passenger side. The units are totally different and when I took off the switch from the base on the passenger side two metal pieces flew out and I found them to be the rocking mechanism needed to give the circuit to move the windows up and down. The best way for us to do this is to get the RHD and LHD power window switches that match the interior and use them and then wire them up. Since our cars are new we would have to pay through the nose from toyota to get the switches. The passenger side that I took apart is the actual passenger side not the passenger side of the drivers switches. I will try to take the drivers side switches apart again and look at the passenger side of this to see what we can do.