Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-05-2006, 08:59 PM   #1
hhcchen
stop staring my star perv

Drives: 97 tercel
new toyota dealer in bellevue, wa

it's michael's toyota...
they just got relocated...
today, the inlaws went to see new cars,
and got amazed by how new the dealer is...
the whole building were renovated from a safeway grocery store...
it's so big...
the service department looks very clean too...
they were handing out coffee mugs, so i went there this evening to get a mug for myself...
of course there is no way to see any liftback on the lot...
but there were two sedans there...
oh well... just trying to start a thread for dealer review...
anyone had any experience purchasing cars from this dealer...?
http://www.michaelstoyota.com/New-Store-Pictures.aspx

Last edited by hhcchen; 08-08-2006 at 11:55 PM.
hhcchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 10:21 AM   #2
tds12
This is my other ride.

Drives: Wht, M, Power 2007 yaris HB
Rude

When I was looking for my HB. I called Michaels on a vehicle in their internet inventory. The person I spoke to basically said "that car is already sold. don't know when more will be in. CLICK.........BUZZ..........."

Bought a Yaris HB from Bob Bridge in Renton two weeks ago.
tds12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 02:24 PM   #3
Chaad32

Drives: 2007 Liftback
I think the dealers are tired of people calling around looking for the L/B because I got the same cold shoulder at a dealer I went to before I found one that somebody ordered and pulled out of.
Floor mats, Weathertech vent visors
Chaad32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 04:41 PM   #4
dbaxter
Evil Kitty

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback A4 AB/Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by tds12
When I was looking for my HB. I called Michaels on a vehicle in their internet inventory. The person I spoke to basically said "that car is already sold. don't know when more will be in. CLICK.........BUZZ..........."

Bought a Yaris HB from Bob Bridge in Renton two weeks ago.
Its not just them, out here in Atlanta its the same thing. The dealers are b!tching that they only get $400 bux on the deal and are not going out of their way to locate any.

I think Toyota needs to smack around some dealers. If you have a big demand, don't p!ss of people wanting to buy your product saying its not worth my time to help you.
www.purplegto.com
01 Camaro SS Convertible SLP#1331
http://www.2001CamaroSS.com
dbaxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 08:51 PM   #5
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Toyota screwed up. They couldn't meet demand for this car, and the biggest mistake was advertising a car that couldn't be bought without a marathon-like wait. All in all, Toyota made a great vehicle and did a miserable job distributing it.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 12:09 AM   #6
Hyde

Drives: M3,CayenneS,SL500,550i,GT3RS
they made a great car. if the demands keep up, that means this car is a success. they pretty much selling as much as they can make, and we are talking a mass production car here. you dont see hyundai get the same treatmen :p
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 09:48 PM   #7
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles
Toyota screwed up. They couldn't meet demand for this car, and the biggest mistake was advertising a car that couldn't be bought without a marathon-like wait. All in all, Toyota made a great vehicle and did a miserable job distributing it.
I think at some point Toyota does purposely hold back (supply and demand stuff) production but seeing that the Yaris is a hit they plan or at least rummored to open plants in the mid-west for the Yaris as the current factories can't keep up. I think at least for the U.S. Toyota was scared from the ECHO which didn't sell well (at first but from then on it was down hill-especially when Scion went nation wide). Anyway before the Yaris came out here I read in a couple of places Toyota wasn't planning on making too much Yarii just cause they figured it won't sell well, opps!! Anyway I'm happy and glad the Yaris is a hit and with gas prices, I'm sure that won't fade anytime soon...who knows maybe a diesel version later on?? (for the U.S.).