Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-28-2010, 11:17 AM   #1
meanmachine
I've made a post!

Drives: Yaris
Yaris 02 Plate Radio Not Working

Hi,

Hope this is the right place to post this, I bought a Yaris T2 02 plate last year and ever since I bought it the radio hasn't been working, the Yaris came with an aftermarket DVD player already installed, it plays DVDs and CD's ok, but it wont find any channels on the radio (apparantly you can also watch TV on this, I can't find any TV channels either).

So i've had a go at fixing the problem with no success, I think i've found the problem but have no idea what to do next. I removed the head unit and found that the arial wire is not plugged in, so I plugged it in and it still didn't work. In doing this I also found another arial wire hanging loose in the passenger side footwell, now I have 2 arial wires and none of them work.

The 2nd wire I found is an arial wire but also has another thin copper wire attached to it, I removed the roof panel at the back of the car and this wire is coming from the arial on the roof.

This is similar to the wire I found in the footwell (minus the box bit)...
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA216_.jpg

Does anybody know how to fix this? I take it (with my limited knowledge of this stuff) the extra wire provides power to the aerial on the roof.
meanmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 01:05 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
The roof mounted antenna has an amplifier, which requires a +12V supply to the black wire.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote