Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-14-2017, 03:10 AM   #1
komichal

Drives: Yaris 2007 1.3 2SZFE 64kW
Unhappy Air whining from front windows

Hi folks,
I am not traveling that much on highways but when I do, I always notice (at speeds above 100 km/h (70 mph)) a whinning noise from either left or right front side windows.
It sounds exactly like if you do not close the window completely but leave 1mm space between the window frame and the glass itself. Annoying whistle...
But visually the window goes well inside the sealing.
My front windows are controlled electrically. When the annoying sound starts to whine and I pull the button to "close the window that is already closed" then the window moves up like 0.2mm and the noise is gone. But once I release the button the noise returns back in 2 seconds or so.

So I suppose the window sealing in the door frame is worn out but the new one seems pretty expensive, not to mention the fact that I am not sure whether I can see the right one in the catalog (plus I have no clue how to change it).

Is there a way to somehow adjust the electrical control to close the window tighter?
Or do I need to glue some thin seal onto the top edge of the glass? That would look ugly...
I also tried to lubricate a bit the seal with silicon oil to allow glass to go a bit deeper. That did not help much.

Any thought would be much appreciated, thank you in advance!
komichal is offline   Reply With Quote