Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-19-2010, 11:34 PM   #19
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
Suspension noise. Release the brakes just before the speed bump.
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:18 AM   #20
Lucas13

Drives: 07 Yaris LB
The pedal feel is fine, no vibrations, I checked my calipers, brake pads and everything looks fine and properly adjusted, I want to clarify that my Yaris doesn't have ABS.
I’m almost sure that the noise is coming from the control arms, the right side make more noise than left one. I get a squeaky nose when I shift from 1st to 2nd when the car swivel a little bit, when going over some speed bumps, when making a U turn I also hear the squeak but harder and lastly when braking hard the noise is more like something moving from its base and creates vibration on the floor of the car I noticed the last mentioned few days ago.

I also want to mention that I had a squeaky noise when that car was brand new with about 1000 miles, I took it to the dealer the checked everything and they couldn’t find anything, then after some time I didn’t hear it anymore until know that that my car has 55.000 miles, there’s got to be something worn somewhere…
Lucas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 02:17 AM   #21
drunkwithwords

Drives: 2010 Toyota Yaris
I had a similar problem with my last car, a 1998 Toyota Camry. I just had my brakes and rotors replaced, and every morning when I started the car the first stop I would make, there was a loud clicking noise at the front of my car. I took it back to the dealership and they drove it around, but because I had already driven it, that clicking noise wasn't apparent. It really didn't do anything to the car, but it was getting older and only lasted another three years, but I really wish I knew what was wrong with it.
drunkwithwords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 01:04 PM   #22
Lucas13

I took the yaris yesterday to the dealer and I was able to duplicate the noise several times, so finally they believed me! The tech re-torque el the bolts on the sub-frame and looks like the problem is resolved I don't hear anything anymore, I will keep paying attention to see if the noise is completely gone...
Old 05-02-2010, 06:49 PM   #23
Bella

Drives: 06 Yaris YR Hatch
I had this exact same problem with my car. I have a clunk in the brakes, mostly when I have changed direction (ie: reverse to first) and then braked or stopping at some speed (it's not the ABS kicking in as the pedal isn't shuddering). At my last service I asked the dealer about it, and the mechanic said that it was the disk adjusting or something along those lines. I'm going to ask about it again in a fortnight when I go back to see whether I get a different answer..
Bella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 04:03 PM   #24
Lucas13

Try getting everything tight on your suspension and specially the sub-frame; I have been paying attention and testing the car since Saturday and so far so good!!!
Old 11-26-2010, 01:45 AM   #25
VZLA

Drives: 2007 Sedan S type
Hello Everyone,

Has anyone found out a good solid reason why brakes are doing this? My 2007 sedan has been doing it since mile 30,000. What is it?
VZLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 10:29 AM   #26
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
this was my old post but to update this it was a bad shocks..was leaking and had to replace it..

previously on previous car is was a loose lug nuts..

also loose nut on top of the tower..
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote