Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-11-2006, 02:47 PM   #1
redbluff

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Poor Radio Reception

I installed a new radio as my hatch came without one and I wanted a different featured radio than offered stock. everything works fine except my reception is horrible. Looked at the antenna connection and it is fine. Seems like it just has poor reception because of rooftop antenna. Anyone else having the problem?
redbluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 04:17 PM   #2
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
My stock unit's reception is fine except sometimes when I pass under some fluorescent lights in a covered parking lot, I hear some interference when I am tuned to an AM channel. This could be due to the fact that the upward shooting antenna is too close to the source of the interference.
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 01:15 AM   #3
KSIbucky

Drives: 2007 Yaris manual dark silver
Send a message via AIM to KSIbucky Send a message via MSN to KSIbucky
when I started to turn my radio off before I turned my car off I notice that I sounds better when I turn it back on idky but it works
Blitz exhaust
Megan Lowering Springs
(Next is DC Header)
KSIbucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 11:31 AM   #4
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbluff
I installed a new radio as my hatch came without one and I wanted a different featured radio than offered stock. everything works fine except my reception is horrible. Looked at the antenna connection and it is fine. Seems like it just has poor reception because of rooftop antenna. Anyone else having the problem?

Even if the connection is fine is is working? Also it depends on where you live as far as enviroment...lots of trees, hilly or mountains...did you get it at an aftermarket place? Does it come with warranty? Maybe ask the guys you got it from Hope you figure it out, that's a bummer you installed it and its not working! How frustrating - Good luck!
Old 06-16-2006, 06:04 PM   #5
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
We just barely get Z103.5 up here, and I noticed its often fuzzy at time when it NEVER was in my rentals grand voyager or grand cheroke...

I just figure the reception is inferior to the reception in these higher priced vehicles.
Jem_hadar is offline   Reply With Quote