Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-25-2007, 12:08 AM   #1
YarisFan007

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris HB
Question about the security system

This question is for those who got the power package like i did which includes keyless entry and security alarm system.

Earlier today when i was heading back to my Yaris from the market, i noticed that when i disarmed my alarm it beeped three times. Usually when i disarm it, there isn't any beep at all. The only time it beeps is when i engage the alarm after i leave my Yaris. What does it mean when it beeps three times???

Maybe it's an indication that someone had slightly hit my car to where it would warn the person by beeping? Maybe another car was passing by with loud bass that would trigger a warning beep? I dunno...
If anyone knows what this means, please tell me. Thanx!
YarisFan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 07:45 AM   #2
punch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan "D" package
Quote:
Originally Posted by YarisFan007 View Post
This question is for those who got the power package like i did which includes keyless entry and security alarm system.

Earlier today when i was heading back to my Yaris from the market, i noticed that when i disarmed my alarm it beeped three times. Usually when i disarm it, there isn't any beep at all. The only time it beeps is when i engage the alarm after i leave my Yaris. What does it mean when it beeps three times???

Maybe it's an indication that someone had slightly hit my car to where it would warn the person by beeping? Maybe another car was passing by with loud bass that would trigger a warning beep? I dunno...
If anyone knows what this means, please tell me. Thanx!

I bet its in the owners manual!