Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-18-2007, 11:54 AM   #19
staticorex

Drives: Sc'd Yaris Sedan.
They were. But have you taken off the ECU? It's crazy. I do bolt on stuff and cosmetic modifications. This electronic stuff is just too above me. I would break something.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:18 PM   #20
Turbo&Auto

Drives: 07
You dont need to remove the ECU, just tap into the wires coming out of it. But like you said above, and like I told you, its just plain a waste on your car.
Turbo&Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:37 PM   #21
staticorex

Drives: Sc'd Yaris Sedan.
Oh yeah. I guess you could. But still, like you said. :)
Old 06-18-2007, 12:45 PM   #22
Doc Zaius
Lurker supreme!

Drives: old and boosted!
Why would it be a waste? Would more power mods be needed first to realize the potenital from the apexi?
Old 06-18-2007, 02:29 PM   #23
Turbo&Auto

No. The car NA isnt going to make ANY real power without a buildup. I/H/E on this car add maybe 15whp, tuning AF alone MAY net another 5. You would need an Emanage and the above mods to make a worthwhile difference IMO.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:33 PM   #24
Katana

Drives: Yaris LB 1.3lt 06
Send a message via MSN to Katana Send a message via Yahoo to Katana
Thanks for the info guys.I am between the Apexi and the Emanage...I have CAI and a tuned exhaust system and I hope that I will gain some hp...
Katana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 07:12 PM   #25
Turbo&Auto

Emanage anyday. Overtime the ECU will override the SAFC and "tune itself" back to its factory ideal settings. Been down this road with my Turbo Matrix. I ran a SAFC for a VERY short time. Got the Emanage and WOAH, HUGE difference. The ECU never overrode my settings like the SAFC did. ALSO, you can tune timing with the emanage. If you have an auto, get the ultimate and you can adjust the tq converter lockup and some other crap.

Hope this helps :)
Old 06-19-2007, 11:44 AM   #26
Katana

It was easy setting up the Emanage?The Emanage is same for every car like the Safc or you have to find a special one for the Yaris?
Old 09-01-2007, 07:48 PM   #27
SmallCarGuy
Desperauto's Son...

Drives: '75 Mini, '08 xB2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo&Auto View Post
Emanage anyday. Overtime the ECU will override the SAFC and "tune itself" back to its factory ideal settings. Been down this road with my Turbo Matrix. I ran a SAFC for a VERY short time. Got the Emanage and WOAH, HUGE difference. The ECU never overrode my settings like the SAFC did. ALSO, you can tune timing with the emanage. If you have an auto, get the ultimate and you can adjust the tq converter lockup and some other crap.

Hope this helps :)
The emanage isn't too tough to set up at all... and TIMING is where it's at for the F/I guys... for N/A, even an emanage is more hassle than it's worth, unless you start on the internals and such. Bolt-Ons+Emanage=blah.

IMHO - The SAFC-II is worthless for Toyotas/Scions... Just like TurboAuto said... it overrides the settings quick, plus CELs are a pain to work around... not a good option with other comparable priced toys out there... only thing it's good for is a nifty little screen that shows your throttle position and RPM and fun stuff like that. I played with it with my tC and quickly just let it be a nice screen.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:19 AM   #28
Katana

I see, tnx for the explanations.