Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-04-2016, 07:22 PM   #19
Leefranklin

Drives: 2007 Yaris
My borrowed 2007 Coupe has similar issue. Th screw on right side of striker was just sitting there loos and not torqued to anything. I just lifted it out. The left side screw is Taught but will not adequately hold the striker in alignment.

This Yaris I have has rectangular opening under the striker plate. The opening is too large to accommodate an over sized washer.

I am thinking...Maybe...Cut a rectangle piece of plate maybe about .06 + Thick. I can slide the plate into the rectangle hole and turn the plate 90 degrees to allow contact with chassis frame. First I will Drill hole in it to accommodate screw when I self-tap it into the piece of plate. Thinking to insert small screw for manipulation of plate to correct location. Probably have to glue the plate to the frame for temporary hold so I can place the striker over it and insert screw.

I came into this forum hoping someone had a remedy for this issue but appears not...Yet.
Leefranklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 07:52 PM   #20
Leefranklin

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leefranklin View Post
My borrowed 2007 Coupe has similar issue. Th screw on right side of striker was just sitting there loos and not torqued to anything. I just lifted it out. The left side screw is Taught but will not adequately hold the striker in alignment.

This Yaris I have has rectangular opening under the striker plate. The opening is too large to accommodate an over sized washer.

I am thinking...Maybe...Cut a rectangle piece of plate maybe about .06 + Thick. I can slide the plate into the rectangle hole and turn the plate 90 degrees to allow contact with chassis frame. First I will Drill hole in it to accommodate screw when I self-tap it into the piece of plate. Thinking to insert small screw for manipulation of plate to correct location. Probably have to glue the plate to the frame for temporary hold so I can place the striker over it and insert screw.

I came into this forum hoping someone had a remedy for this issue but appears not...Yet.
Still working on this occasionally. So far holding striker OK with just the one screw. Spoke to Friend, Body Shop Man, he said there probably is rubber plug in steel Bumper after Bumper Cover removal. I have yet to remove that cover.

Somethings I found so far. This is not my problem but maybe somone else:
http://parts.villagetoyota.com/showA...rimLevel=13993
Leefranklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 12:37 PM   #21
TommyWasabi

Drives: 07 AT & 08 MT Yaris HB 3dr
Old post but I have an easy fix for this:

https://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sh...165#post843165
TommyWasabi is offline   Reply With Quote