Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-14-2015, 07:55 PM   #73
LTHatch

Drives: 2013 Yaris Hatchback L
Very nice MedMantle, are you planing any other mods in the near future for your Yaris?
LTHatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 11:54 AM   #74
MedMantle

Drives: Yaris '05 1.3 Hatch "R.I.P."
I was planning a lot of things, but money is tight so I'm thinking more realistically.. gonna focus more on cosmetics and luxury! My sister traded in her T-sport for the 1.3 and moved to America, damn :'( , it's a tough downgrade but I'm making the best of it :P

Just recently fitted OEM Electric Windows that I bought second hand, I had to make the main harness though but so far so good!

I'm saving hard now to get the money to buy some lowering springs. I was gonna wait a bit longer and get coil-overs but I'm not dedicated enough to get the whole stance look so a decent drop is all I'm interested in!

I'm trying to keep the car as stock looking and sounding as possible, that is why I just went for a 8" sub and it's the reason I'm gonna get my cat-back "softened". I removed all my stickers and allready sold my angel-eyes..
I just kinda had a mindset change and its cost me a lot but I don't regret any of my purchases that I'm undoing! :P
MedMantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 11:19 PM   #75
tooter
play every day

Drives: 2012 Yaris L 2dr 5sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by zen View Post
I successfully installed it except I'm getting the pulsing revs and makes it seem like I want to race everyone lol..I dont quite have a hex small enough to adjust the idle screw
Do not drive it like that with the engine fishing around trying to find the idle speed. It's unsafe. Don't ask me how I know.

I found the closest hex that's just slightly larger and tapped it in with a small mallet for a really tight fit. You do NOT want to strip out that tiny screw.

Make sure the epoxy is cleared and use a little bit of liquid wrench to help it break free. It will make a cracking noise when it moves, and that's good. When it moves take it one full turn out (counterclockwise) to allow the butterfly to close enough for the ECU to find a stable idle.

Greg
tooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 06:55 AM   #76
KTS

Drives: Vitz RS
I agree that the 1zz throttle body is a great mod. I loved driving my 2007 Vitz RS with it. The car had much better throttle response its quite noticeable

Is it worth doing this mod with the Blitz Supercharger Kit?? What you guys suggest?

I have the S/C installed about a month now and the car drives great. Can it really drive that much better if I install the 1zz tb. Of course I will have to port match the intake pipe.
Also if I do port match the intake will I be able to reinstall the 1nz tb with out any issues?
KTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 10:53 AM   #77
invader166
Pumpman

Drives: 2019 Kia Soul EV Base
Quote:
Is it worth doing this mod with the Blitz Supercharger Kit?? What you guys suggest?
Absolutely! By increasing the diameter of your throttle-body, you're further improving the air-flow by providing less restriction for the air to reach the intake manifold. More air means you can increase your air-fuel ratios.

Just be careful, there is a limit on how much the engine can sustain.
Old 05-17-2015, 10:55 AM   #78
KTS

Drives: Vitz RS
thanks invader166.
KTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 07:48 AM   #79
HANZO_187
#CarFiend-HANZO188

Drives: 2011 Toyota Vios
Ok so I'm back from the dead...!!!

Hanzo is BACK!!

What are the parts for the throttle bodies that fit the 1NZ-FE?

I have the sedan, and I'm looking to make some good gains.
I read a few different tb's people have used and some have twisted the hex bolt and some haven't.

I haven't read through these threads lately, if some one could appoint me to the Throttle Body thread and can someone tell me if TOOTER still does custom work??

Miss this Forum, glad to be back!!

x-Check out my build thread-x
HANZO's Build Thread
HANZO_187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 05:23 PM   #80
phaznet

Drives: '07 Yaris Sdn
Finally installed the 1zz from a corolla, got the part from the local wrecking yard.
The only part # I could find was the ODO31. At first I got a check engine light, diagnosed it and 5 things came up. The next day the check engine light was gone :) I'm glad I wont have to do the chip swap!!!

The engine starts with a high idle, close to 3000 rpm. Only thing now is that epoxied screw. Going to tackle that now and post back.

Also, for anyone not sure about whether they want to do this mod - DO IT!!! You will feel a difference, especially if you've done other performance mods to your Yaris.
phaznet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 05:52 PM   #81
MedMantle

Drives: Yaris '05 1.3 Hatch "R.I.P."
After riding tonight I must say that after 100KmPH in 5th gear I can definitely feel the car pulling much harder and climbing in speed way faster! So definitely a improvement on the top end as well! One day I'll get the courage to port match my Intake Manifold to the TB and see what it does :P
MedMantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 06:29 PM   #82
phaznet

I'm stuck!

This damn epoxied bolt/screw. I can't turn the damn thing. I've chipped away all the epoxy, plus used a tiny bit of paint thinner to eat away at the epoxy. I tried something a member did, which was to tap a slightly larger diameter hex key, but I couldn't torque it enough to get it to turn, it just stripped it.

I need help!
Old 06-10-2015, 06:41 PM   #83
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
I did the same thing with mine. I ended up drilling it out and replacing it with a 1/4-20 bolt

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 08:06 PM   #84
phaznet

That seems a bit risky, but I might use it as a last resort. How long is the screw? What is it holding/pushing?
Old 06-10-2015, 08:29 PM   #85
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
Yeah, you need to remove it from the intake completely. I don't recall the length, probably 1 1/4" socket head cap screw. It's for adjusting the idle position of the butterfly valve.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 05:27 PM   #86
phaznet

Finally got that screw to turn, was the hardest part of install for me.

I've turned it 1 full rotation counter clockwise, but I haven't really noticed a difference!

How much did you guys turn it?

Thanks
Old 06-23-2015, 05:40 PM   #87
scod4025

Drives: 12 LE 5d HB 1nz-fe Automatic
With mine needed to get a tach on it to get it to idle right ended up buying a scan gauge II and then got it dialed in right and was closer to about two and half turns in to get it to 700 rpm at idle
scod4025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:56 PM   #88
Rigaud

Drives: 2009 Yaris
790rpm and up you'll get a code for high idle. I got mine at about 600rpm on idle, been over a year and zero issues. I'll finally have time to mod a 1zz aluminum intake and have everything match properly. Just the 1ZZ TB alone you still don't get the full benefit.

2009 Toyota Yaris (Little toy)
2002 Audi A4 Avant Quattro 3.0L (Big boy toy)
1998 Subaru Legacy GT 2.5 (winter & DD)
Rigaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 03:09 AM   #89
invader166
Pumpman

Drives: 2019 Kia Soul EV Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigaud View Post
I'll finally have time to mod a 1zz aluminum intake and have everything match properly. Just the 1ZZ TB alone you still don't get the full benefit.
Are you moding a 1zz aluminum intake manifold from an '98-'02 corolla? Is it a big project. Please let us know how it turns out!
I wonder if I could do the same for a plastic intake manifold from an '03+ corolla...
Old 06-24-2015, 06:19 PM   #90
Rigaud

Drives: 2009 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by invader166 View Post
Are you moding a 1zz aluminum intake manifold from an '98-'02 corolla? Is it a big project. Please let us know how it turns out!
I wonder if I could do the same for a plastic intake manifold from an '03+ corolla...
Bolt holes to the head don't match but the ports do 100%. I'm cutting off the existing mounting plate, machining a new one to fit, tig weld the port it. The other end is a 3 stud mount for the TB, cutting that off too, machine, weld, port and voila. I don't know the exact year but looks like a celica intake.

2009 Toyota Yaris (Little toy)
2002 Audi A4 Avant Quattro 3.0L (Big boy toy)
1998 Subaru Legacy GT 2.5 (winter & DD)
Rigaud is offline   Reply With Quote