Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-10-2017, 03:09 PM   #1
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Hot Wheels!

You know them, you love them and there's a good chance you still buy way too many of them.

I haven't bought any in a long time, but I'm 37 and pictured below is the collection I played with from before I can even remember. Some of them must be over 35 years old and this collection of Hot Wheels is one of a very small number of things I still have from that far back in my life.

Highlights for me are the Dukes of Hazard cars and the semi trucks that attach to trailers with mini steering wheels on the back that you can steer the truck with.

Any of you still have some from when you were kids, or can't resist buying them when you come across them in bins at stores, or at car events?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hot Wheels.jpg (218.0 KB, 45 views)

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 04:20 PM   #2
NYC-SE

Drives: 2014 Yaris SE
Nice collection. I'm afraid all of mine have disappeared by this point. May be one or two hiding somewhere at my mother's house.
NYC-SE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 10:21 PM   #3
Dabuu
Radical Dreamer

Drives: spiritedly.

I'm in Michigan right now, and forgot to pack my gloves. Went into Target to buy some gloves and ended up buying these to add to my small collection.

My favorites are the Mad Manga series.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:10 AM   #4
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
FairLady 2000... nice find!

Growing up, I didn't have Hot Wheels. I had dinky cars (made in England). But, my son (college student now) played with Hot Wheels and still has a collection of over a hundred cars.

However, I have had Hot Wheels on my car since 2007! Here's a stock photo of them:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hot wheels.jpg (14.4 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg hot wheels 4.jpg (10.4 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by kimona; 01-11-2017 at 09:29 AM.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 11:00 AM   #5
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabuu View Post
I'm in Michigan right now, and forgot to pack my gloves. Went into Target to buy some gloves and ended up buying these to add to my small collection.
That's how it happens lol. Sweet finds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimona View Post
FairLady 2000... nice find!

Growing up, I didn't have Hot Wheels. I had dinky cars (made in England). But, my son (college student now) played with Hot Wheels and still has a collection of over a hundred cars.

However, I have had Hot Wheels on my car since 2007! Here's a stock photo of them:
Ha! Nice.

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote