Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Suggestions - Feedback - Questions
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-14-2006, 09:46 PM   #1
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Updated forum rules

HEAR YE HEAR YE!

()

The forums are growing, and we are getting new members every day. How wonderful!

Problem is all of these new people (go on, call them noobies) come onto the forums and seemingly are so excited to know more about this mysterious Yaris vehicle that they start posting topics that were addressed months ago, or post threads in the wrong forum and then you have those MOVED links all over the place.

I think maybe we should have a FORUM RULES sticky similar to the one in the General Discussion forum that lists specific rules and is stickied at the top of every single forum on this board in big bold letters so nobody can miss it. The way it is now is too informal, and I'd guess most new members don't even know they're there. It needs to be more like...

[1] Members are not to personally attack other members. If you see a questionable post, report it.
[2] Please search the forums for answers to your questions before posting a new thread. There are thousands of threads on this forum already and there is a good chance your question has already been addressed.
[3] Please post all new threads in their appropriate forum. If you do not, your thread will be moved at the moderator's discretion.
[4] Supporting vendors sponsor this web site and are not to be attacked under any circumstance. Yarisworld.com could not exist without the support of these vendors. Any post deemed to be an attack against a vendor will be removed.
[5] Signatures should be kept to a minimum size. There is no set limit, but members deemed to have a signature that is too long may be asked to shorten it. Yarisworld.com's moderators reserve the right to modify any signiture at their discretion.
[6] Thread titles should be as pertinent to the subject of the thread as possible. This is to aid in the search function of these forums. If a future member searches "cold air intake" and your relevant thread is titled "Question" your information may be passed up. This is a small step you can take to help make this the most informative B segment forum on the web.
[7] Trolling, spamming, or any other type of digital mischief (greatest phrase ever... please don't remove LOL) will not be tolerated and any account used in accordance will be removed.

These are just some ideas... Anyone agree or disagree with any of these? Anything you can add? I think it would make these forums run a bit smoother. No long winded explanations... just "read the rules."
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 10:20 PM   #2
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
as "square" as it is to have rules, I do feel it is becoming necessary.

Digital Mischief... is that your job description?

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 11:09 PM   #3
ChinoCharles
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
as "square" as it is to have rules, I do feel it is becoming necessary.
And that is something I left out... I know these look really stringent and all, but this is a pretty relaxed board and I would suppose everyone likes it that way. This would just be a way to get the noobies thinking the way the regulars do quickly and easily. Its not like Bueller would chase down everyone that breaks these rules and burn them to the ground... idea is just to make the occurance of any of these a lot less likely, and maybe even have a couple of them stop altogether.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:29 PM   #4
bigsky2
Cousin Vitz

Drives: Yaris RS 5DR / Vitz RS wannabe
This, coming from the Resident Shit Disturber?

Ugh

Good luck with this, BUDDY.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:43 PM   #5
ChinoCharles
Banned

Right, and as my moniker implies I could really care less whether or not this happens. I just read this thread and realized it was the 3085th time I had read the same type of thread on this site...

http://yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3006

Honestly, this is the only car forum I have ever seen that DOESN'T do what I just suggested... at least in the TOS statement when a new user signs up.

But hey, like I said, don't really care. I'll keep posting either way... I'm just trying to help YOU guys out. Especially Chris... if he reads one more repost I think that sombrero is going to pop off his head like a bottle rocket.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:41 PM   #6
bigsky2
Cousin Vitz

Drives: Yaris RS 5DR / Vitz RS wannabe

No worries Charles - I was just messing with you.

I understand the frustration of seeing the "I just registered and this is my first post and I never use the search function so I'm going to ask a question that's been asked already" posts.

It's inevitable that this forum will see those types of posts as new users will register, have some sort of question or problem that they need a solution for ASAP, and post a message without hesitation believing that it will generate informative replies faster than had they searched for the information themselves.

I tend to tell people to use the SEARCH FUNCTION and at the same time answer their question in as little text as possible because I don't want to be typing the same thing twice

Anyhow, to all y'all new users: USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION.