Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-20-2009, 10:52 AM   #1
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

Drives: '09 Yaris
DFW Meet - Short Notice

Good morning everyone,

It's going to be a nice weekend here in the Dallas/Ft. Worth Area, mid 70's and sunny until the beginning of next week when we're supposed to get a free car wash thanks to the man upstairs.

I know this is short notice but I'd like to propose a Meet this Saturday - read: tomorrow, 3/21/2009 - at Keller's Burgers (Keller's Drive-In) in Dallas. It's a 50's style drive-in and you can Google it - "Keller's Burgers Dallas" - and get maps to it. The address is:

Keller's Drive-In
6537 E Northwest Hwy
Dallas, TX 75231

It's on Northwest Hwy between Hwy 75 and White Rock Lake.

If you want to read some reviews on Keller's, here's a link to the dallas.citysearch website for it: http://dallas.citysearch.com/profile...ileTab-reviews

I'm going to be there around 7pm and I'll try to park as close to the street as I can. It's a pretty popular place to hang out and the word on the street is that they have some good food. It's a burger joint so don't expect to wine and dine unless you hit the 7-11 at the corner first.

I was at Keller's for a bit last night and there was a pretty good crowd. There were a couple of bike groups there and a tuner group and a couple of old cars mixed in with the rest of the folks.

Anyway, people seem to want a Meet in the DFW area and also in Texas so we have to get started somewhere. Maybe we can work this out to a monthly thing.

If anyone is interested in a South Texas Meet, i.e. Houston, San San Antonio, Austin or even New Braunfels or Gruene (isn't this pronounced as Green?), I'd be happy to come down for a Saturday or Sunday.

And don't worry, if nobody shows up it won't hurt my feelings. There's plenty of glow kits, chrome rims and street bikes for me to ogle while I'm eating there.

Drive safe,

S.R.

SaerinRhoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:12 AM   #2
wildmongoose26

Drives: 09 5dr Yaris
I will probably go.... I llooovveee kellers
wildmongoose26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:41 AM   #3
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

:) Good to hear :)

Who's next? C'mon people :) Let's meet!

S.R.

Old 03-20-2009, 02:00 PM   #4
wildmongoose26

Drives: 09 5dr Yaris
maybe we should report this in the DFW thread thats going on....

it would be nice to have a few people there, plus who doesn't love a kellers burger :)
wildmongoose26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:03 PM   #5
LtNoogie

Drives: '08 Bayou Blue LB AT
Hey, sometimes a meet of two people can be fun. Post pictures of your rides.
LtNoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:24 PM   #6
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

WildMongoose, you're a genious. I didn't even think to stick this in the other threads so I put it in the 3 other threads that I know of.

Texas Meet?
Any DFW Yaris Drivers and
TxYarisClub

Hopefully we'll get some more to show up. :)

Drive safe,

S.R.