Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-15-2011, 11:02 AM   #1
Slitwrist Smile

Drives: 2008 yari sedan/2007 sc'd tC
Thoughts on the new lexus ct200h?

So here is my current vehicle line-up.. Just wanted to see what peoples thoughts may be.
2 Supersport streetbikes:
2003 Honda RC51 1000R (Vtwin, fully modded)
2008 CBR 10000rr (Inline 4, fully modded)
2 "toyota's":
2007 Scion tC (Every TRD upgrade, supercharged, 9.5lbs of boost, only 15,000 miles on car)
2008 Yaris Sedan (TRD shocks/springs, intake, XB 10 spoke rims) - 60,000 and out of warranty range

I am SERIOUSLY looking at replacing my "work" car (Daily Driver) with this lexus. Claiming 42mpg, I know I could hypermile mid 50's out of that. I hear it can go up to 2 miles, on sheer electric (under a certain speed - perfect for going to the gym, or grocery store for me).

If I got a new car (just for work usage, I have a 1 hour drive each way) I want the following:
1) WAY more comfy seats. I have a spinal fusion (no, it doesnt limit my ability to ride my bikes, but seriously the yaris seats SUCK compared to my tc.. and those are not even that good)
2) Mirror defrosters
3) Heated seats (to relax my back muscles)
4) Higher MPG than my current yaris (its the only way id get rid of it)
5) Moonroof would be nice (available on the lex)
6) Something more "upscale" than the Yaris. Its great for what it is, but I need more comfort, a little more power, and always could use more MPG's.
7) More "Hi-tech" features, better sound system.

And yes, I realize as modded as my vehicles are, I could add all this to the yaris, but at the end of the day.. that lexus badge keeps drawing me to the darker side of green. I want a car that I will not mod a single thing with (and for me.. this will be the hardest part! Everything from a modded mustang, porsche 944, boosted tC ect... I mod the HELL out of my cars with expensive quality parts).

I know in the price range, I could get the twin turbo 1 series BMW.. but RWD+not good gas mileage, plus its not "that" much faster than my boosted tC.. so thats not a good commuter car. The only other thing Id be looking at would be the Honda CRZ (I love hondas.. seriously) but its such a limited niche car, ala the CRX... I mean, when I go to the club, and bring 3 chicks out... where do they sit?

The other car, would be the WRX.... I have always wanted one, but then I would fall into the trap of modding cars allllllll over again. Not good. I have spent an easy $110k in vehicles in the last few years. EASY. But I know it would do well in our winters here in Pennsylvania.

I dont know.. Some of this is just rambling.. but what are your thoughts on the Lex? I may just ride my yaris til the wheels fall off. :)
Slitwrist Smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:24 AM   #2
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
use to work for lexus and i cannot say that i have test drove a lexus (any) and not wanted to curl up in a ball and fall asleep in one. even the IS is such a smooth ride stock.. the ES is like the base model lexus though.. but omg that thing is so nice..

the only thing i say about toyota hybrids is that they are disigned for stop and go traffic commuting to save on gas.. when you get on long distant driving you will be using the motor mostly and not the electric.

but either way.. if you got the moneys.. get it.. i swear you wont regret that purchase.. i put my yaris on it.. lol.. lexus engineering is AMAZING!
ilikerice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:25 AM   #3
Imagine
Insert sarcasm here.

Drives: 2009 Black Pearl Sand 3Dr
Hey, if you can afford it... Why not. Sounds like the Yaris isn't fitting the bill.
Imagine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 05:17 PM   #4
DV-002

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Do you want to get better mileage to save money or for no reason at all?
If the latter, then get the Lexus.
DV-002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:01 AM   #5
teddy

Drives: 2008 5-door hatchback
Send a message via MSN to teddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DV-002 View Post
Do you want to get better mileage to save money or for no reason at all?
If the latter, then get the Lexus.
Better milage or "no reason at all"? If you have to ask that question you don't get it. Any Lexus will blow away the Yaris in terms of quality of ride and comfort.

The ct200h is a nice addition because you get a more luxurious ride and a roomier car but it is still an entry level car among the Lexus lineup and being a Hybrid you're still gaining fuel economy over the Yaris.

Lets face it, the Yaris has econobox written all over. I love mine to death, but it is no luxury car. Until now Lexus didn't have anything particularly interesting to me, but I'd drop my Yaris for this in a second if I could.
teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:34 AM   #6
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
I sat in one at the Auto Show this year. It's a sweat car.
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:47 AM   #7
Flipper_1938

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
Is the CT unique to Lexus? or is it a version of a Toyota car that has already been sold in another market?
Flipper_1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:40 AM   #8
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
i don't think that any lexus is made for people who actually like to drive...
Old 03-23-2011, 03:23 PM   #9
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
^^

You've never driven and IS with mods then have you.

They're ballin yo!
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote