Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-22-2012, 11:37 AM   #1
Noel_Malta
Noel_Malta

Drives: 2010 5-Door hatchback 1.3L
RS Rear Bumpers

Hello to all of you. I am new here and wish to make a question.
I have a 2010 Yaris (European market) which i bought brand new nearly 2 years ago. I was thinking of changing its rear bumper and make one which would give the car a more sportive look.

The particular bumper that i wish is this one:
http://img2.netcarshow.com/Toyota-Ya...llpaper_33.jpg

I went to my local Toyota agent company and asked them about it and they told me that they could order it for me from Japan. However on their computer database, it was listed that it belonged to the Vitz RS of 2005-2007, and they emphasized with me that they cannot give me a guarantee that it will fit on my car, since it is the 2010 model.

I know that the Yaris models from 2009 to 2011 had a new face lift which made their front a little different from the 2005 - 2008 models. But as far as I know the rear side hasn't been changed in the 2nd generation models.

Is there anybody here please who can answer my question about the rear bumper???

Thanks forewardly for your help.
Noel_Malta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:48 AM   #2
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
check this thread, this may help. The gap in the rear bumper to tail lights
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...ghlight=bumper
Old 02-22-2012, 11:54 AM   #3
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
change the tail lights along with it, and it will be a fit :)

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:50 AM   #4
Noel_Malta
Noel_Malta

Yes oke i've got your point. But will the older tail-lights then fit the 2010 Yaris model?
Old 02-26-2012, 06:21 AM   #5
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
yes, I am running the 07-08 tail lights on my 2010. So they bolt right on. They fit fine with the 2010 bumper, they just dont line up with the body. So if you wanted to get the bumper now and put it on, it will will work. Just gotta get the appropriate tail light design for the bumper. You can purchase that later if the gap doesnt bother you that bad
Old 02-26-2012, 11:24 AM   #6
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
yep, with the 2010-2011 RS rear bumper, the following taillights will follow the curves:

2006-2009 regular tail lights
2006-2011 RS LED taillamps (the sexy round ones like I have)

Do keep in mind whichever option you choose, you'll probably need to rewire the plugs a little.

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 04-03-2012, 08:45 AM   #7
Noel_Malta
Noel_Malta

I got the bumper and it lined up with the body but not with the tail lights. Exactly like it happened to you here. I've decided to buy the RS LED taillamps which i think are these here: http://jdmautolights.com/shopping_ca...0563562c37285f

I want to ask if these tail lights does contain fog lights and reverse lights in them. Thanks alot for your help.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:30 PM   #8
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

reverse yes, fogs no. Gotta use the lights on the rear bumper for fogs

Bye bye 1NZ...