Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-16-2011, 01:57 PM   #1
m_gtz

Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris Sedan
New To Forum

Hello to all Yaris owners:

I've been a lurker on this forum for quite some time. I purchased my '09 Yaris Sedan in May of last year. It's a 5-spd with no power options. This car impresses me every day, as it is very reliable and a great gas saver.

I thought I would introduce myself because I finally have some time to upgrade where the car lacks. Manual windows don't bother me, but the manual locks do! It's frustrating to babysit them every time I drive.

I plan to start with the fog lights and the power door locks. Since I would like to install the fog lights and the power door locks, the keyless entry system is weighing heavily. I know the DanQ installation (Wonderful write up, btw) is for a different system than what is sold at A-1 (Avital?). Just wondering if it's the same installation procedure, and if there's anything to look out for when installing all three upgrades (Locks, Lights, Keyless entry). This is the only thing holding me back!

Anyway, I am rather excited to start working on my Yaris and making it better. Thanks in advance to everyone!

Mike
m_gtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:35 PM   #2
Betrivent
Not quite a noob

Drives: e46 325
I would do the lights first, they're exclusive of the other upgrades.. the doors you will have to be careful wit hthe tabs holding the interior trim in. Also make sure you either label or mark where each bolt and screw goes. The last thing you want is to forget where a bolt goes or mix the bolts up. They have strength ratings specific to their location (though admittedly it's not that paramount in a door)
Betrivent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:28 PM   #3
m_gtz

Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Thank you, Betrivent. I will be sure to watch out for that.

Mike
m_gtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:14 PM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_gtz View Post
I plan to start with the fog lights and the power door locks. Since I would like to install the fog lights and the power door locks, the keyless entry system is weighing heavily. I know the DanQ installation (Wonderful write up, btw) is for a different system than what is sold at A-1 (Avital?). Just wondering if it's the same installation procedure, and if there's anything to look out for when installing all three upgrades (Locks, Lights, Keyless entry). This is the only thing holding me back!

Mike

The procedure for installing keyless entry is basically the same for all systems. All will require you to interface to the same functions on the car, but in some cases the polarity of the signals for the keyless entry system will be different. In the DIY that I put together for Remote Start/Keyless Entry, I point out the positive and negative polarity connections for the same function, where it is applicable.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24860