Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-07-2013, 05:48 PM   #1
theyaris123

Drives: yaris 2007 3dr hatchback
trunk light/front side marker not working

Hi, I'm using Yaris 2007 LB base.
I try to change my trunk light with Phillips C5W LED bulb, but then its not working. I try to search already but cannot find answer that i need. ( the old bulb inside is look fine too, not disconnected as other bad bulb, so its might not be the bulb )

At first i thought it's the fuse but i read from some tread that trunk light is using the same fuse as dome light. My dome light is working fine. so if it's not the fuse what could be the problem here?

Could it be the Latch trunk switch? ( i got that idea from some tread also ). if so how can i fix it?

Another question is i also need to change left parking light and right front side marker light, should i do that by myself or should i have the dealer do it ( i don't want to ).

I try to search this forum and google for the answer, but i can't seem to get the answer i need. so any answer is appreciate. Thanks you in advance.
theyaris123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:01 AM   #2
s210281
I've made a post!

Drives: Toyota Yaris/Vitz
Hi there,
Same issue with my 2010 Yaris Hatchback. Trunk light simply won't work. Checked the bulb (continuity test + direct connection with a small 12V Battery) and it works fine. Check all the fuses in both fuse boxes (under the dashboard + under the hood) and they are all OK. Running out of ideas now ...any ideas or experience sharing will be much appreciated.

Other possibilities:
1. The Trunk switch needs to be checked ..but how ?
2. Damaged wire or something !!!
3. Some relay not working properly ..how to check ?

Best Regards
s210281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:35 AM   #3
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by s210281 View Post
Hi there,
Same issue with my 2010 Yaris Hatchback. Trunk light simply won't work. Checked the bulb (continuity test + direct connection with a small 12V Battery) and it works fine. Check all the fuses in both fuse boxes (under the dashboard + under the hood) and they are all OK. Running out of ideas now ...any ideas or experience sharing will be much appreciated.

Other possibilities:
1. The Trunk switch needs to be checked ..but how ?
2. Damaged wire or something !!!
3. Some relay not working properly ..how to check ?

Best Regards

The hatch light works directly off the 15A DOME fuse in the under hood fuse panel. If that fuse is good, you can check out the hatch switch by pulling the hatch plastic panel and checking the brown wire from the latch. With the hatch open that wire should show continuity to ground.