Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-20-2012, 02:48 PM   #1
SeriousBlack

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS HB
Spyder Halo Projector Bulb Replacement

I installed a pair of "genuine" Spyder halos on my Canadian '07 hatch this summer. No issues with fogging/leaking/condensation or electrical, but this week the DRL/Low Beam bulb burned out on my driver's side

Both halos and all other lights (including the cheesy LEDs that I never liked) all still work. The DRL/low beam bulb is the one closest to the side reflector.

Has anyone replaced one of these bulbs? If so, could you please let me know the following:

1. Bulb Type/Model No.
2. Best place to get them
3. a quick DIY in terms of removing the old one from the housing etc to minimize issues like condensation etc

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5224.JPG (205.7 KB, 156 views)
SeriousBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:37 PM   #2
SeriousBlack

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS HB
Job's done. Used Hella H1's as a replacement for both sides rather than take a mortgage out on Philips or Osrams. Didn't want to go HID or Xenon and the blue film thing is just wrong. Will post how long these inexpensive Hellas last. Interesting issue, this Brightness vs. Longevity thing.
SeriousBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:53 AM   #3
Whoosh
Red Hot Carmen

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2007
Hey, Iv replaced mine with hi high intesity globes, ul need to use a file to make the holes bigger but it looks insanely awesome
Whoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 01:05 PM   #4
catalin

Drives: yaris
Hi, I have the same headlights as SeriousBlack has, I want to mount HID (xenon 8000k) on those headlights, so because I have never mounted xenon, I have no idea how to mount them. I got everything I need, ballast .. etc but I don't know how to wire them, some help pls ?:D
Thx
catalin is offline   Reply With Quote