Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-27-2013, 10:32 AM   #1
bcat37645

Drives: 2dr Hatchback
Blu Logic Install/Review

Hi guys. I just installed a Toyota Blu Logic bluetooth kit in my 2009 hatchback. Part number is PT923-00111. I ordered from toyotapartszone.com so check it out for a great price. The kit did not come with any install instructions but I googled trdsparks and Blu Logic and they have a pdf install sheet for the hatchback and the sedan.

The removal of all hardware from the Yaris was a piece of cake. The install of the Blu Logic unit, based on what I could determine from the install sheet, went directly behind the radio head unit. What a tight fit but I was able to squeeze the wiring harness to the left of the unit and the radio (when pressed) did screw down flush with the trim.

I am concerned that the heat from the radio may harm the unit but I put it where the install instructions noted. Time will tell.

The mic was placed to the right of the dash instrument panel, directly below/in front of the digital odometer. It seems far way from the driver and in hindsight, I probably could have found a better location.

The activation button was mounted directly behind the aux input beside the emergency brake handle. It glows blue at night and is not bright or distracting at all. The button easily works by feel and is good quality.

The whole system works great and seamless. My kid says my voice is a bit robotic when speaking, but her voice is crystal clear on my side through the stereo speakers. Making a hands-free call through Siri starts by pressing the button once, listening for the Siri 'ding', then stating call/dial whomever. A word of caution, Siri often garbles what you say, which is why I think the mic could have been placed closer to the driver.

All in all I recommend the unit, where I purchased it, and would do it again in a second due to factory fit and finish.

A BIG thank you to CTScott. During the install, I replaced a burnt bulb behind the temperature control knob and guarantee I would have broke the knob if I had not found his post and picture of the knob dissembled showing where the bulb was located. One strange thing though, the bulb from the factory had a yellow rubbery plastic sleeve over the glass, while the replacement bulb from Toyota has a rubbery green plastic sleeve. I just pulled off the sleeves and swapped them...who knows if it would have made a difference in the color of light at night.
bcat37645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:05 PM   #2
Revsson

Drives: 2009 Meteorite Metallic LB MT
Wow, that's quite a price difference from TRDSparks. Is there enough cabling to have
the mic closer to the driver? Perhaps putting the mic on the right side is actually
catching some of the sound from the edge of the IP, so maybe that is better?
I don't have a bluetooth cellphone, but am considering finally upgrading to a smartphone.
This would be a nice feature, as I still have the stock radio, too.

I know they have pics in the install pdf, but you should post some better pics of the
mic placement.
Revsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:55 PM   #3
bcat37645

Drives: 2dr Hatchback
If you look directly at your digital odometer, then the mic is directly below the numbers and stuck (double sided adhesive on the mic) as far back such that it almost touches the clear plastic of the dash. Instructions say put it there and it's as far back as it can go so as to hide the wire.

Yes, there's a lot of wire that's gathered and zip tied so you can place it almost anywhere. After looking at everything, it could go directly on top of your steering wheel column, even if you had to use some Velcro to ensure it stuck there.
bcat37645 is offline   Reply With Quote