Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2016, 04:37 PM   #1
ERA

Drives: '10 Zephyr Yaris Sedan
Zephyr Blue Sedan!

Hey everyone,

I signed up for this forum years ago but had never really been active. However, recently I've been thinking of spicing up the Yaris and I wanted to share with you guys what some of my plans were for the car.

Here's just some background... It's a 2010 5-speed Yaris sedan with around 50,000 miles. My family bought the car brand new 6 years ago and I've been driving it ever since. I really like that the car is small and agile, has great gas mileage, is a simple design visually and mechanically, and to be honest, is Toyota!

Personally, I'm a little more into what a car looks like than performance so most of what I want to do with the car is going to be visual. So, some of my goals for the car include having it lowered, bigger and wider wheels and...I guess that's it! Maybe a shift knob?

Back when I first had the car, what I really wanted to do was to lower it and throw some BBS mesh wheels on it. This was a rendering I did from all lthose years ago:

I found a really great company called ESM Wheels that manufactures BBS mesh replicas:

http://www.esmwheels.com/

I think these are great because of the price and the sizes and offsets that they offer! I'm planning on going 16x8, +20. I'm also going to go for a coilover setup but am not exactly sure what brand just yet. Any suggestions would be great!

So that addresses some of the major changes I want to do with the car. I'll be posting about some of the minor details I've done and will be doing in the posts to follow.

Thanks!