Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2018, 03:58 PM   #1
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Drives: 09 Yaris HB 3door
Fuel gauge says 1/4 but tank is empty

After breaking down on the highway and towed to mechanic... Mechanic called to tell me my fuel tank is empty even though the fuel gauge says 1/4 tank.

charged me $180 to tell me that (not fix the gauge). Wanted to replace sender and fuel pump but was not sure how much that would be. I told him I would just remember how often to fill up.

Anything I can look for/check on as an easy fix that would not require replacing sender? Something a novice tinkerer could check for?

I have reciently been putting the dash apart a couple times to replace radio. Could this have caused anything? Also wired in backup camera to reverse light.
Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.
Shinare is offline   Reply With Quote