Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-02-2018, 12:13 PM   #1
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Drives: 09 Yaris HB 3door
Unhappy Engine lost all power driving down highway

I was driving down the highway and all of a sudden the engine seemed like it was starved for fuel. Sputtering and trying to start with the momentum of the car but never fully starting. I had to pull to the shoulder. Tried starting several times sitting there and only sputtered like its getting a whiff of fuel every now and then but never started and kept going.

Called AAA and they towed me to a mechanic. I'm hoping that it is a clogged fuel filter, or possible a fuel pump.

My worry is that over the last few weeks I have changed the stock radio for the andriod unit, installed a backup camera, and last night pulled the new radio back out and plugged in a wireless steering wheel controls receiver into the back of the head unit. You dont think any of that had anything to do with my breakdown this morning, do you?

Edit: Also plugged in a bluetooth OBD2 reader for the headunit (which I unplugged and tried to start and still no joy), but thats been plugged in for weeks now.
Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.
Shinare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 03:56 PM   #2
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Drives: 09 Yaris HB 3door
going to start a new thread...
Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.
Shinare is offline   Reply With Quote