Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-02-2009, 10:01 PM   #1
hex_yaris

Drives: Yaris Type S
HID problem

I have a yaris type s sedan, and i just put some 6000k HIDs. Problem is, that it is shooting all over the place, and it seems that it has a scattered look appeal. How would i fix or adjust the headlights?
hex_yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:32 PM   #2
GreenSpeed

Drives: '08 Yaris LB
You might want to check the $53 dollar eBay HID thread about this. There is a consensus that using HID conversion kits in reflective light housing will yield the scattered results you're referring to. The only way to get better cut-off is to have HID in projectors and from what I am reading, not an HID conversion kit, but a true HID retrofit, which is much more costly.
GreenSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:38 PM   #3
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
you can get an add on..it covers the end of the hid so it doesnt spread too much light..
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:35 PM   #4
taKuto
rice rocket

Drives: 05 Echo
From what it sounds like your HID bulb's salt chamber is not located at the correct focal point. This might be caused if the bulb isn't seated properly or poor manufacturing design (go china!).

But if your bulb does not have some sort of casper shield (a metal piece blocking light going to the high beam section of the reflector) this is a different issue and it's the equivalent of driving around with your high beams on at all times. This could look like a scattered light output but can you take a picture of your output to better figure out the problem? Preferrably the output shooting on a wall.