Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-14-2009, 08:38 PM   #19
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Why do i get this feeling of thread gonna end up locked
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:38 PM   #20
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
the laws of physics are physics as they exist in THE REAL WORLD. and in the real world we have to fight friction.
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:44 PM   #21
Slick

Drives: '09 3-Dr
Send a message via MSN to Slick
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK198105 View Post
ex. in theory you could go as fast as light but in practice we cannot achieve it , there is no know material or compound that could withstand such forces.
Meh, I dont quite agree with this statement. Ever heard of a photon of light? Which, I believe is right up the alley for light travel :) Well, not actually. In theory you are right, because nothing can travel AT c. Things can only travel slower or faster. And only two ways to get faster. Turn into a photon of light and go past the barrier, then transform back into molecules. Or go the long way around. Which, is even harder to imagine than something turning into a photon of light and then back into a something. lol I hate the special theory of relativity :(

And as far as perpetual, thermal energy FTW
Old 10-14-2009, 08:54 PM   #22
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post

And as far as perpetual, thermal energy FTW
what happens when the sun goes down?
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:57 PM   #23
Slick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamago View Post
what happens when the sun goes down?
I said thermal, not solar. So... it gets dark when the sun goes down. The earths core will still be hot.

How about this... GEO-thermal. Just to calm any confusion.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:10 PM   #24
Slick

8324cef816b752c9c5d05b98d7418a46.png

Because of the Dynamo Theory :)

Which is the formula that attempts to describe accurately the rotation of the iron in the outer layers of the earth's core

And no, I'm not trying to pretend to know what the hell I'm talking about. Its just that my physics class happens to be covering all these subjects, and I'm lookin at it in my lap :)
Old 10-14-2009, 09:20 PM   #25
Slick

Yeah, it takes one hell of an imagination lol
Old 10-14-2009, 09:58 PM   #26
TLyttle

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan
Every college student taking physics knows about what I refer to as a daisy wheel (I have lost the name, again!). It is good for a fair amount of power, generates no heat, but is by no means perpetual motion, nor is it all that efficient, but it works. I built one decades ago, and it ran a bicycle generator on about a 12" diameter. This wheel was first recorded ~400 years ago, and can be boilt to work. My final version was going to use bowling balls for power...
TLyttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 02:32 PM   #27
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
Bump.
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 10:41 PM   #28
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Just bump?

Ok, I'm gonna really mess with everyone's heads.

Einstein was wrong. Not really through his own fault, but the old observable parts of science only go so far. Even with all the technology we have today, most of what is going on is still unobservable.

Just ask the nearest scientist. At this point it's dark matter, or Anti matter, that fills up about 80% or more of the universe...

Right... That makes so much sense.

Human science is in its infancy. We can make tons of observations, but we really cannot explain why.

One good example. We know what gravity does, but we don't know where it comes from. Our known parameters simply cannot explain the effects we give it.

What you get from the few times real scientists are actually intellectually honest is that we simply don't have a clue. All the crazy theories of everything, all the stuff we do, it works, but we simply can't explain why.

And when it doesn't work? It gets forgotten.

And as long as governments hand out checks to any scientist who will say what they want, real science isn't going to get done.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:17 AM   #29
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23707
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote