Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2015, 03:56 PM   #1
DANIELTNIEVES

Drives: 2010 yaris 3dr manual
PCV VALVE THREADS

I have 2010 Yaris 3 door liftback. Planning to replace the pcv valve, no problems but cheap and quick job so I intend to.

1. Does the original pcv valve in the car from Japan have anything on the threads like a teflon tape or some kind of a sealing or antiseize compound? The new one I bought at Toyota has nothing on the threads. Toyota says some toyotas have what looks like a compound on but not the Yaris ones.

2. If there is something on the threads of the original one, by removing the pcv valve and maybe trying to clean the threads of the engine, will some particles of the tape or compound fall inside the engine and cause a problem like clogging the oil pump or anything else? I don't want to create a problem by trying to do this preventative replacement.

3. Should I put anything on the threads of the new one like a permatex sealer compound or an antiseize to keep the steel pcv valve from seizing to the aluminum threads as dissimilar metals do, or should I just leave it bare especially if the original turns out to have nothing on it?
DANIELTNIEVES is offline   Reply With Quote