Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-19-2010, 08:49 PM   #145
bst82551

Drives: 2008 Flint Mica Yaris Sedan
I did this earlier this week as well and it turned out better than I'd imagined. The DIY guide helped A LOT. One definite issue I had was getting the adapter off of the negative battery cable. I ended up sawing it off, but not before slicing my knuckles a few times trying to get it off with a wrench. This install was very easy and would've only taken about 45 minutes if it weren't for that pesky adapter on the battery cable.

Anyway, as far as results go, I can't say for sure that it's all based on the new groundwire kit, but my car definitely rides smoother and accelerates better, particularly in the mid-range RPMs. I also feel smoother shifts from my automatic transmission.

However, I absolutely have to note that part of this may be due to the fact that I had the battery disconnected for about an hour, which reset every electrical component in the vehicle (including the engine control unit). So, I would've experienced a smoother ride either way from simply resetting the ECU, but I've reset it before and don't believe the results were this drastic in the past. I haven't had a chance to see any difference in fuel efficiency yet, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me to see an extra 1 or 2 mpg.

-Brian

P.S. Kac, is your air filter just laying out or do you have some strange new intake I've never seen before? I see your sig says you have a modified air intake box. Is there a DIY guide or any more info about it?
bst82551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:05 PM   #146
kac

Drives: 2009 Meteorite 3dr
Blacksandiegovits did it first. i just modified the stock air box.

I got the info on how to do it from another thread... don't have a link for ya sorry. search around.

Last edited by kac; 05-20-2010 at 02:23 AM.
kac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:54 PM   #147
Revsson

Drives: 2009 Meteorite Metallic LB MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by kac View Post
This DIY helped a lot. Thanks!

Hey kac!
Was this an ebay item or did you make it yourself?
Looks nice.
Revsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:32 AM   #148
birdman

Drives: '08 Blazing Blue Yaris LB
Will the grounding kit be the solution for those nasty static shocks I keep getting every time I close my door?
birdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:21 PM   #149
wsladaritz
Y4R1Z

Drives: Yaris LB
No birdman, it will not solve that problem :( I've had a grounding kit on for 2 years or so now I think and I still get those nasty static shocks occasionally. Not always, but when it happens IT HAPPENS. I have no idea what causes it though...
wsladaritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:59 AM   #150
birdman

Drives: '08 Blazing Blue Yaris LB
Thanks!
birdman is offline   Reply With Quote