Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-17-2007, 02:41 PM   #19
slvryaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
I dunno about the foam filter.
slvryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 03:32 PM   #20
MoeStylez

Drives: Yaris Sedan!
Send a message via AIM to MoeStylez Send a message via MSN to MoeStylez
does weapon R make an intake for the sedan or is that intake for the LB only...the website doesnt even verify which model the intake is for and the yaris actually isnt even listed on the cars that the intake will fit...any help?
MoeStylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 09:46 PM   #21
AlphaFox

Drives: 07' Yaris Liftback - silver
the intake is 99% of the cost, who gives a poo about the filter. you can pick one up at pepboys for like $30 later on...
AlphaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 02:17 PM   #22
AlphaFox

Just got it, and installed it. The installation instructions were lacking, to say the least. they supply tubing and a bracket that dont even need to be used, the bracket doesnt even fit anywhere I could see and isnt needed. I had to move some tubing that the instructions didnt specify either... after all that though it fit fine, although it does appear as though it was designed for a different yaris version, such as in europe or something. the tubing all lines up and fits fine, it is just in there at a weird looking angle.. maybe its normal, dunno. it did decrease intake air temperature by 10 deg F though, which is good! it pulls air from near the wheel well. I compared before and after temps with my scanguage. it is slightly louder than it was before, I was running with the bottom of the air box removed. the power is increased slightly, definately over 3K rpm it can be noticed. I will post pics later, I do recommend this for only $109 with free shipping!
Old 06-26-2007, 02:29 PM   #23
Galavoxx

Drives: Yaris Hatch
I think they used the short ram off a Scion. But i could be wrong. I'm still very curious what happened to the WeaponR 4-2-1 header? I didn't think they were going to pull it off and so far, I was right.
Galavoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 02:38 PM   #24
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galavoxx View Post
I think they used the short ram off a Scion. But i could be wrong. I'm still very curious what happened to the WeaponR 4-2-1 header? I didn't think they were going to pull it off and so far, I was right.

+1

I am eagerly awaiting for that header to arrive. NST is also apparently looking into this as well. Hope that day comes soon!
Old 06-26-2007, 02:47 PM   #25
Galavoxx

Drives: Yaris Hatch
btw Alphafox, that little strap and clamp that came with the intake kit bolts on the front battery hold down. I would recommend fastening the thing so your intake doesn't bounce around in there. You will have to bend the strap to make it work. There is a ton of flex in that rubber coupler and too much bouncing could cause weird things to happen on intake pulses.
Galavoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 08:55 PM   #26
Motorhead6T5

Drives: 07 NCP96
Here's how I did mine,just got done a bit ago.

Gonna go out once it cools down to see if there is any gain over the stock airbox. I had to clean up the welds on the inside with a dremel for the maf to fit without scraping. For a bit over 100 bucks I can't complain. I order'd a obx conical 2.5" filter off ebay $18 cause I just don't like how the dragon filter looks. The filter housing itself is stuffed in the corner pretty good but not too bad,I'd say its a decent fit. With the conical I ordered it should be perfect.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:22 PM   #27
AlphaFox

looks good motor, I couldnt figure out how to mount the bracket, so I attached the hook part to the battery tiedown and the other end to the bolt that came on the filter. I also relocated those hoses on top of your maf to under the intake. just cut some of the electrical tape that holds them where they are and they easily reach under the intake. then you can zip tie them to something so they dont flop around.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:48 PM   #28
Motorhead6T5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFox View Post
looks good motor, I couldnt figure out how to mount the bracket, so I attached the hook part to the battery tiedown and the other end to the bolt that came on the filter. I also relocated those hoses on top of your maf to under the intake. just cut some of the electrical tape that holds them where they are and they easily reach under the intake. then you can zip tie them to something so they dont flop around.
Thanks I was wondering what I was gonna do about that,still want to put a band clamp on the hose before the maf. The bracket could be done a million ways I'm sure.

Edit: Also I got two filters with mine,it had an extra foam element that you can see daylight through And I'm sure flows more air. Its pretty dusty around here so I probably won't use it unless I go to the track. Got mine from wesellcarparts, shipped really fast too.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:21 AM   #29
Motorhead6T5

Well I took her for a spin and omg does it change the sound of the motor,not sure on power. Definatly didn't lose power. The sound makes you wanna tach the piss out of it everywhere. I like it.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:57 AM   #30
bladesmith6

Drives: 2007 yaris HB
I mentioned this before on this thread and no one even payed attention. I think there are 2 different intakes from Weapon-r both short ram but one is the Dragon intake(regular short ram with single tube) and the other is the Secret Weapon which has the inner tube for the "velocity effect". The dragon intake is around 100 bucks but for the Secret Weapon (which is the one they dyno tested)cheapest i've found is around $175 shipped. Which one did you guys buy!
bladesmith6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 12:05 PM   #31
AlphaFox

the one we are referring to here is the Dragon, just a single tube. not sure what dual tubes would do, the 'velocity effect' sounds kind of gimmickie to me. if all you want is a short ram, this is the one and its only $100.

Motor, mine came with two filters but I just assumed one was a replacement filter. you think they were different?
Old 06-27-2007, 06:04 PM   #32
Motorhead6T5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladesmith6 View Post
I mentioned this before on this thread and no one even payed attention. I think there are 2 different intakes from Weapon-r both short ram but one is the Dragon intake(regular short ram with single tube) and the other is the Secret Weapon which has the inner tube for the "velocity effect". The dragon intake is around 100 bucks but for the Secret Weapon (which is the one they dyno tested)cheapest i've found is around $175 shipped. Which one did you guys buy!
From what I have seen the two are exactly the same except the filter itself is different so the ram air tube can hook to it. The actual piping is the same I believe.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:05 PM   #33
Motorhead6T5

Quote:
the one we are referring to here is the Dragon, just a single tube. not sure what dual tubes would do, the 'velocity effect' sounds kind of gimmickie to me. if all you want is a short ram, this is the one and its only $100.

Motor, mine came with two filters but I just assumed one was a replacement filter. you think they were different?
The extra filter mine came with was darker red and the foam is totaly diferent texture.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:16 PM   #34
AlphaFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead6T5 View Post
From what I have seen the two are exactly the same except the filter itself is different so the ram air tube can hook to it. The actual piping is the same I believe.
and it costs 2.5X as much!
Old 06-27-2007, 06:59 PM   #35
Motorhead6T5

Quote:
and it costs 2.5X as much!
The WR dragon is definatly the most bang for the buck out of all the intakes for the yaris. Soon ebay will be flooded with $40 china intakes i'm sure though.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:54 PM   #36
bladesmith6

Drives: 2007 yaris HB
I'm pretty sure the Dragon is a single tube and the secret weapon has the inner tube which is why you pay more. otherwise doesn't make much sense!
bladesmith6 is offline   Reply With Quote