Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-24-2008, 02:25 PM   #55
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
Everyones ears just perked up and did a Scooby, lol
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 02:33 PM   #56
richardholdener

Drives: 2008 Yaris hatch
I am not providing any new information-I just thought the PE blower kit used a Rotrex. The point is that a centrifugal supercharger systems still uses the stock or my intake and that this blow-thru system will benefit from the intake upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
"The Rotrex route"... ? need more info!
richardholdener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 02:45 PM   #57
at3GG

Drives: 07 metmet LB
You can't use the blitz with this IM as it (the Blitz kit) replace the intake and manifold. It seems to me that if this with a full exhaust is making 120whp, so say maybe 125 with the pulley set...why exactly would you spend the $3400 on the blitz, when that only make 130ish? 700-intake-200 good CAI 700ish for full exhaust 250? for pullies....1850 compared to 3400.....plus no warranty issues....plus the ability to use a "rotrex style" SC eventually or turbo? seems a simple choice to me

Konig Heliums 15x6.5 Black
Tanabe Df210's
at3GG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 02:47 PM   #58
richardholdener

The retail listed has alwasy been $699. We applied a numberof bolt ons to the Yaris and came up with 120 wheel hp-130-135 would be difficult without going inside the motor to port the head and add cams. I believe the blitz supercharger has its own intake as part of the blower so I don't think it can be combined with the intake. Running a turbo or centrifugal supercharger with the intake at 4-5 psi should be good for around 150 hp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc87 View Post
$699 is better then before I believe it was going to be $800. And look the Intake and all other boltons should give around 130-135hp. Or add the Blitz to this and it's looking like 145-150hp.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:27 PM   #59
baked_limabeans

Drives: Polar White
sweet. Looking at it again, i realized that i was looking at it wrong. I'm an idiot. I wonder if i'll change classes in autox if i get this...

EDIT: been reading the solo rules and it will change my classing.

Last edited by baked_limabeans; 10-24-2008 at 04:45 PM.
baked_limabeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 05:35 PM   #60
ddongbap
Banned

Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleong View Post
I'm just a bit doubtful if the stock ECU will be able to handle the better induction without throwing a code. It seems to have quite tight operating parameters which it considers "normal".

Will an aftermarket air filter be necessary, or can you just bolt the stock airbox back in?

Lots of questions but that's because I'm interested in the product. 10whp is too good a gain to turn down if it is plug and play.
I'm running a supercharge tune on a N/A car, so yea. Don't jump to conclusions.

BTW, Mr. Richard Holdner, is this kit the top end one? Or is this the midrange one? I know there was a poll earlier. I didn't get to see what everyone had chosen.
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 06:08 PM   #61
richardholdener

Thi sis the top end version-we willnot be offering the mid-range version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddongbap View Post
I'm running a supercharge tune on a N/A car, so yea. Don't jump to conclusions.

BTW, Mr. Richard Holdner, is this kit the top end one? Or is this the midrange one? I know there was a poll earlier. I didn't get to see what everyone had chosen.
Old 10-24-2008, 06:12 PM   #62
ddongbap
Banned

Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardholdener View Post
Thi sis the top end version-we willnot be offering the mid-range version.
NICE.
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:30 PM   #63
cleong
Parallel Parking Pro

Drives: Yaris 1.5 Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardholdener View Post
Please feel free to ask questions about the intake rather than resort to speculation. The intake offers the gains described by the dyno chart with no CEL and no changes to ECU. There are no programming changes necessary for the intake upgrade. The reason for this is the Yaris motor features a mass air meter which compensates for the additional airflow produced by the resonance tuning. The mass ai rmeter will address the extra airflow and offer the necessary extra fuel flow. The intake upgrade produced the same air/fuel curve as the stock manifold. These gains are not dependant on the CAI, but the combination of the CAI and intake will offer slightly more power than the intake and stock air box.
Thank you. You told me exactly what I wanted to know. As you can see, I'm rather far away, so when the user dyno charts start flooding in confirming the performance increase, I'm buying one.

As you mention that it is a CNC-ed part, do you have problems with heatsoak from having it bolted to the engine, and then the manifold heating up the intake air temperature though? One of my mates tried a custom built stainless steel manifold on his engine, but abandoned the idea as intake temps jumped from an ambient of 100-110 degrees to 160 degrees, which ended up costing the engine power instead.
TTE Lowering Springs, Camber bolts
TRD Blue brake pads
Fujitsubo Super Wagolis axleback exhaust
DC Sports header
cleong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:13 PM   #64
kou

Drives: 08 lb
^^^you need aluminium not stainless steel for an intake.^^^^
kou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 12:49 AM   #65
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
lol not trying to bash, but youre funny as hell dude, what constitutes it need to be made of aluminum... if someone has a sheet of stainless steel and welded up an intake manifold would it not work? right... i mean hell, even if the thing was made of fiberglass it could essentially work....
Nexus1155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 01:50 AM   #66
kou

Drives: 08 lb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus1155 View Post
lol not trying to bash, but youre funny as hell dude, what constitutes it need to be made of aluminum... if someone has a sheet of stainless steel and welded up an intake manifold would it not work? right... i mean hell, even if the thing was made of fiberglass it could essentially work....
fiberglass would be ok but we already have plastic one unless the could mold a nice one out of carbon fiber. about the aluminium i would have thought that it would dissapate heat better than stainless.
kou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 02:04 AM   #67
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
i think its like a 50/50 thing because of brake lines and exhausts and junk are made from stainless steel, but i think any metal would work... as long as it doesnt melt
Nexus1155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 08:04 AM   #68
Klink10

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
subscribed and waiting
Klink10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 08:49 AM   #69
Treyz
~ ambient one ~

Drives: 2009 Bayou Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKLAND TOYOTA View Post
damm east coast misses out AGAIN......
+1

ambientlifestyle.com------------ambientlifestyle.ning.com

Micro Image
Store - Network - Online
microimageonline.com------------microimage.ning.com
Treyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 01:07 PM   #70
toyochris

Drives: Yaris LB '07 Blazing Blue
We need pics and price? pls.
toyochris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 01:26 PM   #71
richardholdener

As indicated elsewhere in this post, the retail pricing is $699. No pics are available since all we have is the performance prototype which does not represent the production intake. What we need at this point is to generate an official list. We need to have 10 yaris owners step up to purchase the intake so they can go into production. There will be NO deposit money required up front, just your word in print that you will be purchasing the intake when the production pieces are ready. Prior to any payment and shipping the production intakes, I will be happy to have Garm (or other member) come out for an official dyno test to illustrate the gains. For this intake to be produced, we need to have 10 buyers. If we get 20 buyers, we can talk about a group buy which would knock off $50 per manifold.
Old 10-25-2008, 03:23 PM   #72
cee_dub2003

Drives: Scion xb
I would just like to throw my 2 cents into this. I take my hat off to the making of this intake manifold. I really don't see committing to a high dollar item without seeing more info on this intake manifold. Everyone has to realize you are committing "with your word and in print" to purchase a item that hasn't even been seen yet. I wouldn't commit to buy any performance item without seeing pictures. whats wrong with posting prototype pictures? Its prototype right? I think everyone here would like to see pictures, and have more info on what they are committing to this.

Any A/F readings taken?
cee_dub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote