Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-28-2007, 09:50 AM   #1
jamal1984
The Beautification of Car

Drives: Toyota Yaris S
Send a message via MSN to jamal1984
TurnSmart Signal

Wondering if anyone heard about this or experience this before
Safety Mirrors with Turn Signals
l Wide Angle Mirrors
l Wireless & Solar Powered
SAFETY:

To enhance the safety of any vehicle, the Turn Smart® uses Super Bright L.E.D.s and Convex Wide Angle Mirrors.

The Super Bright L.E.D.s, which are angled towards the “blind spots”, are mounted to the outermost area of the vehicle, the left and right side mirrors. The Turn Smart® Mirror Signals are mounted at eye-level and are brighter than most tail lights, therefore they attract more attention.

When the driver turns on the factory turn signals, the Turn Smart® L.E.D.s are activated and blink in conjunction with the factory signal lights. This increases the visibility of the vehicle’s turn signals and helps to alert drivers that may be in a “blind spot”.

The Wide Angle Mirrors that house the electronics for the L.E.D.s enhance the driver’s view of the road. By enabling the driver to see into the “blind spots” the driver will now have the ability to see vehicles that may have previously been hidden from view. This will help the driver to make safer lane changes.

Cost around $160 shipped.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg newtsmirrorlrg.jpg (101.1 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg newtsmirrorsm.jpg (121.7 KB, 123 views)
jamal1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 10:01 AM   #2
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
good concept, but it looks very easy for any passerby to just rip it off your mirror...

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 10:02 AM   #3
MrJester

Drives: homo
Looks a bit ugly for my taste
MrJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 10:06 AM   #4
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Besides, they look like they might be a bit too big for our mirrors.
Looks like it might be hell to wire those up as well...
tk-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 10:23 AM   #5
jamal1984

it's a wireless.
The system uses a small transmitter that is mounted at the rear of the vehicle and attached to the vehicle’s left and right turn signal wires and to a chassis ground. For easy installation, all of the wires come full length and have been pre-stripped. The kit includes Posi-Tap screw on connectors, which attach without tools. The transmitter is attached under the rear bumper or in the trunk of the vehicle with zip ties, also included in the kit.
Old 04-28-2007, 10:24 AM   #6
jamal1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
good concept, but it looks very easy for any passerby to just rip it off your mirror...
yeah that is right, and i think it's kindda big too.
Old 04-28-2007, 10:46 AM   #7
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Hate to say it, but you're going to get flamed to high heaven for those. I could see on an Escalade where you have huge blind spots, but a Yaris? If you can't drive this car without an extra wide angle mirror... I don't know man!
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 02:59 PM   #8
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
Hate to say it, but you're going to get flamed to high heaven for those. I could see on an Escalade where you have huge blind spots, but a Yaris? If you can't drive this car without an extra wide angle mirror... I don't know man!

i threw one on each mirror of mine, but only because I routinely stuff boxes in the back that basically block all of the rear windows... then drive for 4 hours lol.

These are a gimmick, regular blind spot mirrors would be more than enough... I do suggest them, as you dont have to turn to see directly next to you.
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote