Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-13-2015, 03:05 PM   #37
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLuchs View Post
I wish i could afford to be pickier about the lack of split folding seats, and opt for more doors, but its soooo hard to find a manual (Of any car) In Pittsburgh. Famous for 25 mile an hour free ways. Cruise control is eh. Could take it or leave it, I am a "driver" In the sense that I usually prefer me being in control of acceleration and stuff and once you're in 5th you just keep a steady foot and enjoy the view anyway. haha, Aspro, your car is beautiful by the way. Yeah the short base roof rack concerns me, but I was thinking possibly a rear mounted cargo carrier would be best because when we pull up the car on the camp ground we can just leave the stuff thats on there where it is, plus, they seem to be generally cheaper. And I can't say it enough this is one of the most active and helpful car forums I've ever encountered, and I've been part of a bundle. This forum alone would've talked me into a yaris over another car just for the sheer availability of advice and support.
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 03:08 PM   #38
CLuchs

Drives: 2008 3 door HB
Oh and I thought you guys would enjoy this. I told my mom of my space dilemma and she had an 01 Prizm that she drove until the engine practically fell out and she responded "Oh don't be a pussy, I drove 1700 miles straight in a Rambler with 10 people in the car and all of our stuff. If you need 3 people and all their stuff, you'll find a way." hahaha xD We also took maaaany week long 2 person trips in the Yota, and my mother does not pack light. haha.

Last edited by CLuchs; 05-13-2015 at 03:20 PM.
CLuchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 06:58 PM   #39
aspro

Drives: 2011 Yaris RS 5 door 5 spd
I'm not sure what your budget is but check this one out. 2010, 5 door, 60/40 split rear bench and power windows and locks and she's automatic and located in PA. See link!

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...98881400&Log=0

Oops just realized you wanted a stick. Oh well, take a look anyway.

TRD sway bar, h&r coilovers, tanabe strut tower bar, konig feather, bfg sport comp 2, MI intake manifold, aem cai, dc header, trd catback, MI crank pulley, trd short shift kit, phillips hid kit, morimoto led fogs, parrot navi indash, alpine 6.5 speakers, alpine amp, alpine reverse camera, led interior lights, thule roof racks, netz badges...

Last edited by aspro; 05-13-2015 at 07:34 PM.
aspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 07:47 PM   #40
aspro

How about this one?

2011, Power everything, stick, 60/40 split rear seat, 95k miles, it has a TACH which is rare, a centre arm rest also rare, mudflaps and bumper guard on the rear and it comes with some pretty decent looking rims and rubbers. Not a 5 door though, but still not bad for the money, I'm sure you can have this for $6k and the dealer is offering it with a 10 year 100K warranty from date of purchase. That's pretty cool too and its a PA car - Link below.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...97028982&Log=0

TRD sway bar, h&r coilovers, tanabe strut tower bar, konig feather, bfg sport comp 2, MI intake manifold, aem cai, dc header, trd catback, MI crank pulley, trd short shift kit, phillips hid kit, morimoto led fogs, parrot navi indash, alpine 6.5 speakers, alpine amp, alpine reverse camera, led interior lights, thule roof racks, netz badges...
Old 05-18-2015, 11:12 AM   #41
CLuchs

So I bought it! very few complaints, one of which is the paint. Seems very thin and flimsy, but other than that It's very nice. Fit 300 bucks in groceries in the hatch with the seats up, and Im really glad this is my first manual car! It's so much fun, and if you really dig in to it, Once it finds it's power band, It makes a nice little roar and zips along just fine. Shift right and it's dead silent on the highway and it does 85 like it was 30, Couldn't be happier! (:
Old 05-18-2015, 11:41 AM   #42
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Quote:
very few complaints, one of which is the paint. Seems very thin and flimsy
Lots of gripes on here about paint.

Quote:
Couldn't be happier! (:
Old 05-18-2015, 11:49 AM   #43
aspro

Congratulations! How much did you end up getting it for?

Old 05-18-2015, 11:51 AM   #44
aspro

Also, you mentioned you might contemplate a short roofbar kit. Someone is selling one on here. See link below.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53588

Old 05-22-2015, 09:19 AM   #45
CLuchs

I ended up doing 5,748 out the door with a 2 year warranty that includes water pump failure (:!
Old 05-22-2015, 06:33 PM   #46
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_ View Post
Yep these cars go for super cheap with manual trans since people DEMAND autos haha
. I wouldn't have gotten the deal I did on my '14 if it had been an automatic.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 06:33 PM   #47
nookandcrannycar

Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
I ended up doing 5,748 out the door with a 2 year warranty that includes water pump failure (:!
Old 05-22-2015, 06:36 PM   #48
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Oh and I thought you guys would enjoy this. I told my mom of my space dilemma and she had an 01 Prizm that she drove until the engine practically fell out and she responded "Oh don't be a pussy, I drove 1700 miles straight in a Rambler with 10 people in the car and all of our stuff. If you need 3 people and all their stuff, you'll find a way." hahaha xD We also took maaaany week long 2 person trips in the Yota, and my mother does not pack light. haha.
...sounds as though you lucked out in the mom department.
Old 05-22-2015, 06:41 PM   #49
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
I was thinking possibly a rear mounted cargo carrier would be best because when we pull up the car on the camp ground we can just leave the stuff thats on there where it is, plus, they seem to be generally cheaper.
Like the one WeeYari has.

Quote:
And I can't say it enough this is one of the most active and helpful car forums I've ever encountered, and I've been part of a bundle. This forum alone would've talked me into a yaris over another car just for the sheer availability of advice and support.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:00 PM   #50
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post
Like the one WeeYari has.

Bloody thing has been indispensable. Aside from luggage and gear, it has been used to haul:

- gas cans
- liquid pool chlorine
- nursery plants
- a tree!

Try transporting some of that stuff with a roof rack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-24-2015, 09:24 AM   #51
CLuchs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post
...sounds as though you lucked out in the mom department.
Definitely. Hahaha. So i tested my first 2 bars being down to see my gas mileage, and I really only drove a stick a few times so i had to practice, and my mileage suffered, but even with all suburban driving in heavy stop start traffic with the occassional stall (Ooops), I still got 23 mpg. This is mostly due to the fact that I find the gas peddle to be suuuuper responsive and occasionally over rev it trying to pull off from a stop sign or light. The brakes squeal sometimes but that aside the car has been perfect, and I never really realized what you can do with 9 cubic feet. Have yet to have to fold the seats down, and I bought a Lawnmower the other day. Haha
Old 06-11-2015, 04:33 PM   #52
CLuchs

UPDATE: I LOVE THIS THING

Okay, so I figured it out, why the low gas mileage, and fortunately it was due nearly entirely to my shite driving habits from years of driving autos. Haha, once i figured out where it can shift both smoothly, and at low rpms, I managed 37 mpg in heavy suburban driving with some 80 mile highway trips. I still have a quarter tank and have 320 miles on this tank! I love this little thing. It's so spunky for what it is. That said i do think I'll invest in some stabilizer bars and a little Uhaul exterior cargo carrier for when i go on my camping trips. I have managed to fit 2 friends and myself and a bicycle with the tire off INSIDE the car. Hahaha, It's a fantastic car and I couldn't be happier with it for the money.
Old 06-11-2015, 05:37 PM   #53
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Okay, so I figured it out, why the low gas mileage, and fortunately it was due nearly entirely to my shite driving habits from years of driving autos. Haha, once i figured out where it can shift both smoothly, and at low rpms, I managed 37 mpg in heavy suburban driving with some 80 mile highway trips. I still have a quarter tank and have 320 miles on this tank! I love this little thing. It's so spunky for what it is. That said i do think I'll invest in some stabilizer bars and a little Uhaul exterior cargo carrier for when i go on my camping trips. I have managed to fit 2 friends and myself and a bicycle with the tire off INSIDE the car. Hahaha, It's a fantastic car and I couldn't be happier with it for the money.
That's awesome. Thx for the update.
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 09:13 PM   #54
2009Toyotoad

Drives: 2009 Yaris 3dr
In as few words as possible the Yaris will not meet your needs based on the requirements listed. My suggested alternative would be and 05 thru 09 Ford Crown Vic or Mercury Grand Marquis. All the safety of a Yaris, "As good as" mileage with the load requirements listed, and they are abundant as police fleets are retiring them in large quantities.
2009Toyotoad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fun, interior space, new buyer