Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-22-2013, 08:19 AM   #1
2o6

Drives: 2007 Liftback
4th Gen Toyota Yaris!

Not sure if this is just for China, or will be coming to the US/EU in a short while. By the time production will be ready, the current Yaris/Vitz will be 4 years old, a little short of a model cycle, but remember that the 3rd Gen isn't much different from the 2nd gen.

http://www2.toyota.co.jp/jp/news/13/04/nt13_0407.html

2o6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:27 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Here is the translation:

Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) was exhibited as a world premiere the new Yaris car in Shanghai Motor Show to be held from Monday 29 April from Saturday, April 20. And Yaris, is a commercial vehicle, which is based on the concept model of the global strategy car that debuted at the Beijing Motor Show last year, the new Vios must be exhibited at the same time, scheduled to start sequentially production and sales in China from the end of the year.

In addition, as a world premiere car, China-only model also exhibited two this time. "Cloud motion double 擎 II (Yun Don sucrose one Chin-to-)" concept model of car equipped with a hybrid component Toyota R & D Center (China) Co., Ltd. (Jiangsu Changshu City) is promoting the development. "TOYOTA FT-HT Yue Kay (Yueja)" is a concept model of the six-seater car on the assumption that I have to ride customers younger generation of China. To about 4600m2 exhibition booth of the largest ever, is being exhibited commercial vehicles and concept vehicles of 52 units of the largest ever in Shanghai Motor Show this time.

The "Toyota, exported to China the first issue of the Crown in 1964, 50 years since the. 2005 has come hand-in-hand and everyone in China, Toyota Prius Uchiyamada vice-president at the press conference said as Toyota is rooted in China for 50 years from now start. first overseas production, and "we would like to contribute to China.

Toyota tackle like to enrich the life and society of the Chinese customers up to the sports car car environment, from welfare vehicle to "better car" manufacturing in the future.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:33 AM   #3
2o6

Drives: 2007 Liftback
- Here's more pictures

http://wot.motortrend.com/2014-toyot...05.html#photos

- Here's the actual English press release.

"TMC World Premieres New Vehicles and Concepts at Shanghai Auto Show

Shanghai, China, April 20, 2013—Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) unveiled the new "Yaris" hatchback here today at the Shanghai International Automobile Industry Exhibition, which will run from today through April 291. The new Yaris and the new "Vios" sedan—also on display—are production versions of global-strategic concept models that TMC first displayed at last year's Beijing Motor Show. Production and sales in China of both vehicles are scheduled to start at the end of this year.

Two world premiere concepts—to be sold exclusively in China—are also on display at the show: the "Yundong Shuangqing II"2, a concept equipped with a hybrid system currently under development at the Toyota Motor Engineering and Manufacturing (China) Co., Ltd. R&D Center in Changshu, China, and the "Toyota FT-HT Yuejia" 3, a six-seater concept developed to appeal to young Chinese consumers.

The Toyota-brand booth at this year's Shanghai Motor Show is its largest ever, with an area of approximately 4,600 square meters and a record total of 52 production vehicles and concepts on display.

Yaris icon_zoom

Yundong Shuangqing II icon_zoom

Toyota FT-HT Yuejia icon_zoom
Yaris Yundong Shuangqing II Toyota FT-HT Yuejia

At a press conference during the exhibition, TMC Vice Chairman Takeshi Uchiyamada reflected on Toyota's history in China: "Toyota exported its first 'Toyota Crown' to China in 1964. Since then, for 50 years, Toyota has constantly interacted with its Chinese customers and partners and pondered deeply about what it should do to be of service to the country of China." Uchiyamada went on to remark that Toyota began production of the Prius in China in 2005, which was the first time the Prius was produced outside of Japan. Uchiyamada closed by reaffirming Toyota's continued commitment to China: "Over the next 50 years, we, as the 'China Toyota' firmly rooted in this country, will work closely together and do our best to be of service to the development of China, to local society and to our customers."

TMC aims to continue producing ever-better cars—ranging from environment-friendly vehicles to specially equipped vehicles to sports cars—to meet the needs of a broad range of vehicle users in China."
2o6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:30 AM   #4
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
I don't like it. I think it looks like some strange combination of Matrix, Ford Fiesta, and Ford Focus.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:28 AM   #5
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

Drives: Yaris L Coupe
Glad I found my 2013 Red Coupe - It is perfect & I'll have it for years. This one looks like it is longer (at least the hood)
yougojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:02 AM   #6
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Just looks like a Matrix... ugly!
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:53 PM   #7
B2FiNiTY

Drives: Prius C
looks like an updated matrix
B2FiNiTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:55 PM   #8
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
unless it comes with a brand new engine and transmission combo with all new tech that can get 50 mpg on gas alone, it is just another lump of metal that is behind the times.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:20 PM   #9
Exiwolfman

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by B2FiNiTY View Post
looks like an updated matrix
its what it might be since the Matrix is being dropped from Toyota line..this just might be the replacement a larger Yaris.
Looks ok, kind of like the lexus 300 wagon ...but really now if they make the car bigger than what is the point is Toyota to pull out of making sub compact cars?
Exiwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:22 PM   #10
DJYojimbo

Drives: 2012 Grey Toyota Yaris SE
agree with "why"
Old 04-24-2013, 10:28 PM   #11
screenprintr

Drives: 2010 Toyota Yaris
I really like that color.
screenprintr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:08 AM   #12
b20vteg
no show, no go :(

Drives: 2012 yaris 3dr hb
Send a message via MSN to b20vteg
that first pic looks SICK... but the subsequent pics from motor trend were kinda ugly lol.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:57 AM   #13
YodaBird

Drives: Gray
Ugly. The Yaris is the new Matrix. I like the third generation much better, over the second and the forth, it's has the look that isn't desperate either.

I've noticed Yaris owners getting more respect on the roads, compared to Hyundai and Kias yet again can those two cars really compare :)
YodaBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:55 AM   #14
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

Drives: Me: Nuts:
For a second, I thought they were going back to their roots.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014yaris.jpg (86.6 KB, 356 views)
yarisugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:54 AM   #15
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
Well, we got a new Yaris for the 2012 model year. I can't imagine this is going to come here after just two model years. My guess is this is a Yaris for the Chinese market only.
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:32 PM   #16
Form>Function

Drives: 07 Flint Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post
For a second, I thought they were going back to their roots.
hahahahahahaha

1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:48 AM   #17
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by damn potholes View Post
I'm not a fan of the growing size either. That might not be the north american yaris though, if it even arrives on north american shores, since toyota is suppose to have a partnership with mazda to build the next subcompact for both (presumably the next 2 & yaris).
now that would be interesting if it really happened.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:10 AM   #18
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
+2 . Had a FORD Festiva back in the '90s . The 1.3 ltr. is a tough cookie . Also had a MAZDA Protege' sedan with the 1.5 ltr., that engine was only out for a year if I remember correctly . Had lots of head and leg room . So , would be a good combo for longevity .
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote