Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-19-2015, 10:59 AM   #1
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
OC Auto Show 2015

Hi guys -

Went to the OC Auto Show last Saturday and took a load of pics (link below). Snapped a few extra of some of the sub compact models that I wouldn't normally have just for my sub compact, Yaris World enthusiast brethren. You're welcome! lol

Some of my personal takeaways were:

- Yaris fail! You'll see in the pics that the Yaris was literally tucked away on one of the far corners of the Toyota area. No love. Seeing the new concept was cool, but hearing there was no engine specs, or engine in it for that matter (pure concept), was a small bummer.
- I really, REALLY like the Ford Focus RS.
- Honda fail! They had the new Civic Touring there (no idea what that is), but no Type R, Si or NSX to be seen. Was hoping those cars would be there.
- Chevy fail! Why did they have the Malibu up on the spinning, center stage area rather than the Corvette? Although I'm not a fan of them, the new Camero was interesting.
- The Hyundai concept truck thing makes me think of Robocop.
- There was less 3rd party, custom/aftermarket support stuff showing than when I went in 2012.
- Lots to test drive! Benz, Lexus, Ford, Honda, Toyota, Mazda, Nissan and maybe a couple others all had a group of cars to sign up to test drive.

Hope you enjoy my pics...

https://goo.gl/photos/dJ3VYn4UE9ngmNi3A

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 08:07 PM   #2
coheed

Drives: 08 BB LB
I think I might be too picky, but the only cars I've liked that have come out in the last 5 years (aside from the Yaris) are the Focus RS and the Abarth. Everything else just seems too..... frilly for me me. I like simplistic, utilitarian kind-of vehicles, and most of the stuff on the market these days has to have the newest and the shiniest tech on it. Very nice pics btw.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:05 PM   #3
Kalispel

Drives: '15 Yaris SE 5MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by coheed View Post
I think I might be too picky, but the only cars I've liked that have come out in the last 5 years (aside from the Yaris) are the Focus RS and the Abarth. Everything else just seems too..... frilly for me me. I like simplistic, utilitarian kind-of vehicles, and most of the stuff on the market these days has to have the newest and the shiniest tech on it. Very nice pics btw.
I share that sentiment. If I hadn't bought a 2015 Yaris SE, I don't even think I would have opted to purchase a brand new car at all.
Kalispel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 11:11 PM   #4
BLKHILLSGUY

Drives: 2011 3dr LB Polar White
That blue on the Ford Focus is sharp. Like the looks of the car too. The Chevy Spark is a disappointment. It used to have a certain cuteness factor to it. The old yellow Honda Civic made me smile. Saw a lot of those as a kid. They were old at that time. It's a shame the current Civics aren't anything even remotely close to that. The Volvo Polestar(?) blue is interesting, but I wouldn't want my Volvo that color. Always had a soft spot for Volvo however, particularly after Ford threw them away like garbage. Thanks for the kewl pics!!!!
BLKHILLSGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 01:16 AM   #5
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by coheed View Post
I could really go for that +315 hp all wheel drive RS, no doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalispel View Post
I share that sentiment. If I hadn't bought a 2015 Yaris SE, I don't even think I would have opted to purchase a brand new car at all.
I would enjoy the Focus RS, Subie STI or Civic Si, but not for the $$$ they'd cost me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKHILLSGUY View Post
That blue on the Ford Focus is sharp. Like the looks of the car too. The Chevy Spark is a disappointment. It used to have a certain cuteness factor to it. The old yellow Honda Civic made me smile. Saw a lot of those as a kid. They were old at that time. It's a shame the current Civics aren't anything even remotely close to that. The Volvo Polestar(?) blue is interesting, but I wouldn't want my Volvo that color. Always had a soft spot for Volvo however, particularly after Ford threw them away like garbage. Thanks for the kewl pics!!!!
That old yellow Civic gave me the same smile lol. Good eye on the Volvo, it was a Polestar edition.

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote