Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-23-2010, 10:46 PM   #127
CtrlAltDefeat
I ♥ Yaris

Drives: Black 08 LB MT & red 97 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowsushi View Post
yeah I know, just wanted to make it easier. dont think I will get around to installing my lowered shocks this week anyway with this rain. My garage just soaks up the water. I can hardly keep it up with out putting weights on the otherside to balance it out. Up to 40lbs now. I would hate for a weight to fall on the Yaris.
You have to weigh down your garage when it rains?

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure
and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell
CtrlAltDefeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 08:48 AM   #128
lowsushi
Akiba Otaku

Drives: 2010 Yaris 5dr
Send a message via AIM to lowsushi Send a message via Yahoo to lowsushi
To keep the garage door open I need to counter-balance the weight of the rain soaked bottem portion with weights on the top part of the garage door when opened.

PS3 Trophies
lowsushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 05:47 PM   #129
advocate

Drives: car
Just finished this install!

Great product, great price, great DIY!

Thanks MicroImage!

I really need to get a torque wrench...

Now to install the Tanabe strut bar!
advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:25 PM   #130
Teledan71
I've made a post!

Drives: Toyots Yaris
where and how can i buy ?

Hi i'm writing from Italy and i'd want to buy one rear sway bar for my yaris. I read many posts in forum toyotaclubitalia and one member who's named Suiller, has posted your photo how to installate sway bar; this member has writed that is possible to buy the bar from other member named Garm ??? Can you help me. Thanks a lot
Teledan71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:49 PM   #131
Klink10

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teledan71 View Post
Hi i'm writing from Italy and i'd want to buy one rear sway bar for my yaris. I read many posts in forum toyotaclubitalia and one member who's named Suiller, has posted your photo how to installate sway bar; this member has writed that is possible to buy the bar from other member named Garm ??? Can you help me. Thanks a lot
Forum vendor this site name is Garm and owns/represents Micro Image. Look for posts by him and or google Micro Image.
Klink10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:54 AM   #132
pjh
I've made a post!

Drives: 2006 Yaris HB
Hey guys, just got a (stock) 2006 Yaris HB and thinking of doing this mod. How much does this mod (for both 19mm and 23mm) affect the understeer/oversteer balance? I'm looking to reduce the understeer and improve turning response, but I don't want it so extreme as to be losing the back end regularly. I don't want my wife to drive it and end up backwards in a ditch. My gut feel is that this won't be a problem, but does anybody have a comment from experience on how extreme the two sizes are with respect to terminal understeer/oversteer?

Also, anybody have experience ordering to Canada from MI?
pjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:44 AM   #133
ddongbap
Banned

Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjh View Post
Hey guys, just got a (stock) 2006 Yaris HB and thinking of doing this mod. How much does this mod (for both 19mm and 23mm) affect the understeer/oversteer balance? I'm looking to reduce the understeer and improve turning response, but I don't want it so extreme as to be losing the back end regularly. I don't want my wife to drive it and end up backwards in a ditch. My gut feel is that this won't be a problem, but does anybody have a comment from experience on how extreme the two sizes are with respect to terminal understeer/oversteer?

Yes. Garm will get it done for you. He ships worldwide.
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:53 AM   #134
matthewai

Drives: it is kinda stock
i know this prob was answered but can some one refresh me...does the UR 19mm fit on 2010 sedan ?
matthewai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:41 PM   #135
RedRide

Drives: '09 Yaris carmine red 2d HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewai View Post
i know this prob was answered but can some one refresh me...does the UR 19mm fit on 2010 sedan ?
Yes it will fit as the suspensions are identical for all sedans and HBs
RedRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:57 PM   #136
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
^ correct, and thanks!
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 01:47 AM   #137
matthewai

if i were installing an exhaust should i put the sway bar on after or before or does it not matter cuz im waiting for an exhaust now and also the mounting hardware for the bar just want to know what i should do first when i get both these...thanks
Old 02-03-2011, 02:04 AM   #138
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

^ doesn't matter. an axle-back exhaust is two bolts and installs in 10 minutes or less.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:11 AM   #139
matthewai

yeah didnt think so, awesome
Old 02-12-2011, 03:37 PM   #140
PumpkinSteve

Drives: Yaris SR 1.8
How long does it take to fit the TRD sway bar? Do you need to take the rear wheels off? I want to do it myself but I don't have ramps/ axle stand so I'll probably have to pay someone else to :(
PumpkinSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 05:09 PM   #141
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

^ Takes about 30 minutes max. You can do it with the car on the ground if you're not lowered. It helps to jack up the the rear a little though to take the weight off the shock bolt (one of the two bolts that hold on the sway bar.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:03 PM   #142
sickpuppy1

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjh View Post

They are both good bars. if your wanting to just get rid of some understeer (and as a side benefit, make it less susceptible to cross winds, or big trucks and such) I would go with the 19MM if its a 3/5 door. If you want to really"go for it" then MAYBE the 23. I have a sedan and the 19mm by ultimate racing (microimage) It is definitely a vast improvement, worth every penny. That being said, if I did it all over again, with a sedan, I would go with the 23mm in a heartbeat. More overhang off the back end (sedan) would benefit more from the 23 than a 3/5 door would, without worrying about oversteer. Like I said, I love the difference over stock with my 19 but feel I could have gotten even better without sacrificing any ride or stability. I have wood plank ramps I use for oil changes. I just put them under the back end and drove it up on them. Basically a four inch rise. Didnt have to take offs wheels at all.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:06 PM   #143
auxmike

Drives: 2008 HB, A/T, Power W/L/M
Sway bar is a must have item. I love my TRD one...

Never take eyes off opponent - Bruce Lee
auxmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:52 AM   #144
matthewai

wait where did the original pictures go ?