Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-2013, 09:40 AM   #1
3cyltrbo

Drives: MR2 Spyd/Type R/Yaris/Civic Si
Something Big is here....................................

I took the Yaris to an open track day that was meant to entice people to sign up for lapping. It was "semi" controlled (hence no helmets), although I will say that at times it seemed like I wasn't the only one driving 99.99999%.

Here are some shots.

In line waiting to go out

Hanging around

About to go out

On Track

For a while I played Cat and Mouse with a Boss 302 and a CTS-V. It was fun to watch them come up in open sections and then have some space through the tighter sections (the corner pictured was actually one of the more open ones leading onto the main straight)

here is one my girlfriend shot from an overhead vantage point when I was done the session. It just seemed kinda a cool perspective view

My Co-Pilot Seemed to be having a good time as well

Overall the car handled it like a champ. (Despite having some power concerns from my recent round of modding). The brakes got understandably on the hot side, but otherwise you'd never know that the car was driven "aggressively". The car had recently had brand new coolant and an oil-change, and it only has 20,000km (12,000miles) so its all still in relatively new condition.

With my real-world wheel fitment (no stretched tires / no ridiculous undriveable offsets), I had tons of wheel travel and never once rubbed.

The suspension (full complement of UltraRacing braces / TRD rear anti-roll bar / very stiff coilovers etc..etc...) seemed almost perfectly configured for this track which featured mostly tight corners with some medium sized sweepers thrown in for good measure (and a couple decreasing radius corners that I hate)

If they have another similar event I'll totally go to it.

Anyone considering a track experience with their car,.............for what its worth - I'd recommend it (be safe of course)

Cheers

Will

Last edited by 3cyltrbo; 11-25-2015 at 10:15 PM.
3cyltrbo is offline   Reply With Quote