Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-24-2007, 04:00 AM   #1
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Star Treatment = Annoying

http://omg.yahoo.com/nicole-richie-q...jail/news/1935

okay, seriously, this is really starting to annoy/piss me off. she's released less than an hour and a half after? and we all know that if it was your average Joe that he'd be kept there a lot longer. just because they're "stars" they get better treatment? BS
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 05:34 AM   #2
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
it's the sad way of the world... you got fame, you got money, you can get away with more or less anything...

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 10:56 AM   #3
static808
Engineer/Artist/House-Dad

Drives: 2006 Toyota Sienna XLE
actually, due to the overcrowding of jails in CA, average joes also get let off the hook, meaning criminals have absolutely no incentive to STOP breaking the law. a worse story is how ventura county owes some criminal 1 million bucks since he was refusing to comply with officers and while trying to take him down, they broke his leg. see guys, this is what we need to do, break some law, refuse arrest, have a cop hurt us, and then sue. the american legal system. its faaaaantastic...

--B
Old 08-24-2007, 02:42 PM   #4
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Its also very sad that the American public is more preoccupied with the likes of Lindsay Lohan and her ilk than with an unjustified never ending war to boost corporate oil company and defense profits by sacrificing our soldiers around the world.

That was a mouthful but im glad I said it.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:01 PM   #5
slvryaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
Lionel probably serenaded one of the jailers.
slvryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 03:33 AM   #6
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by static808 View Post
actually, due to the overcrowding of jails in CA, average joes also get let off the hook, meaning criminals have absolutely no incentive to STOP breaking the law. a worse story is how ventura county owes some criminal 1 million bucks since he was refusing to comply with officers and while trying to take him down, they broke his leg. see guys, this is what we need to do, break some law, refuse arrest, have a cop hurt us, and then sue. the american legal system. its faaaaantastic...

--B
yeah, we covered some prison topic in my multi-cultural class. pretty crazy, but i didn't know about that story. kinda BS, i hope that criminal doesn't get a million dollars!
Old 08-25-2007, 03:34 AM   #7
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by redyaris View Post
Its also very sad that the American public is more preoccupied with the likes of Lindsay Lohan and her ilk than with an unjustified never ending war to boost corporate oil company and defense profits by sacrificing our soldiers around the world.

That was a mouthful but im glad I said it.
also note how the news coverage covers insignificant stories, such as a cat being stuck in a tree. there's good things about the States, but there's a bunch of things that irritate me...
Old 08-25-2007, 10:25 AM   #8
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
also note how the news coverage covers insignificant stories, such as a cat being stuck in a tree. there's good things about the States, but there's a bunch of things that irritate me...
WORD. The american public just doesn't understand how things work, or just doesnt care.

Just try and sell your house right now (good luck on that), work for a home lender or a bank (some here are hanging on for life at the moment), take a look at the stock exchange (its sagging), do a fast headcount on the homeless in your town (its increasing)....until we receive a change at the top in this country this is how it is. 8 years of a failed White House Administration thats preoccupied on dominating the world and ignoring the 'homeland' has reaped what they sowed.

There is hope however, you could become a CEO they always seem to do well: http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/...nardelli_N.htm

Meanwhile, back to Britney (she's showing her crotch again).
Old 08-25-2007, 01:44 PM   #9
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
kill the poor
Old 08-25-2007, 01:51 PM   #10
black2yaris
The Man In Black Lives

Drives: Black Sand Pearl L/B 'o7
where the link to Britney's crotch at ?? You forgot to post it !!
black2yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 02:07 PM   #11
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

britney's swollen gash

I love Paris and Nicole.

I work in the mortgage industry, since October 2001.

I don't rely on the media.

Government is NEVER going to fix our problems. The true problem is people living beyond their means. People have to stop abusing credit.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:43 PM   #12
sherryberry

Drives: 07 Blazing Blue Yaris
Send a message via AIM to sherryberry Send a message via MSN to sherryberry Send a message via Yahoo to sherryberry
People needs to be educated about credit more than anything. Education is key in changing points of views and pointing people in the right direction. I never took a course on credit. Most of the information I learned through my dad. But since he has the money, he can put ridiculous amounts (at least to me it is) on his credit card and be able to pay off the entire balance at the end.

Anyway, back to Nicole Ritchie.. I'm not surprised at all that that happened. It was like how Paris Hilton only served a few days and then got to go.. good thing the judge sent her right back haha. And I still don't think Paris learned her lesson. What person gets paid a bunch of money for an interview after they are sprung from prison? *sigh*

-Said by me during a game of Cranium.
sherryberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 07:02 PM   #13
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryberry View Post
People needs to be educated about credit more than anything. Education is key in changing points of views and pointing people in the right direction. I never took a course on credit. Most of the information I learned through my dad. But since he has the money, he can put ridiculous amounts (at least to me it is) on his credit card and be able to pay off the entire balance at the end.

Anyway, back to Nicole Ritchie.. I'm not surprised at all that that happened. It was like how Paris Hilton only served a few days and then got to go.. good thing the judge sent her right back haha. And I still don't think Paris learned her lesson. What person gets paid a bunch of money for an interview after they are sprung from prison? *sigh*
well, look at the normal people on the streets, the everyday whackos that molest children, rape women, beat people up, kill people driving drunk, murder there wifes, children, girlfriends and husbands and don't serve a day

I think it is foolish to drive under the influence and if I had that kind of money I think I could come up with a ride but how long should she go to jail? sure she broke the law but what does she have to do to pay for her crime? both of them got off just about the same as any other hot young blonde girl would

I think what people get so ticked about is the media attention, well-don't watch the news-I don't

and as far as credit people are going to have to start reading the fine print, if it sounds too good it probably is, people are fucking idiots, you don't get something for nothing
Old 08-25-2007, 08:06 PM   #14
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by redyaris View Post
WORD. The american public just doesn't understand how things work, or just doesnt care.

Just try and sell your house right now (good luck on that), work for a home lender or a bank (some here are hanging on for life at the moment), take a look at the stock exchange (its sagging), do a fast headcount on the homeless in your town (its increasing)....until we receive a change at the top in this country this is how it is. 8 years of a failed White House Administration thats preoccupied on dominating the world and ignoring the 'homeland' has reaped what they sowed.

There is hope however, you could become a CEO they always seem to do well: http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/...nardelli_N.htm

Meanwhile, back to Britney (she's showing her crotch again).
...wow, i don't even want to get started on Lil' Bush. lol...
Old 08-25-2007, 08:06 PM   #15
sherryberry

Send a message via AIM to sherryberry Send a message via MSN to sherryberry Send a message via Yahoo to sherryberry
err.. i beg to differ on the hot part when referrin' to paris hilton

Old 08-25-2007, 08:08 PM   #16
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickhardmeat View Post
well, look at the normal people on the streets, the everyday whackos that molest children, rape women, beat people up, kill people driving drunk, murder there wifes, children, girlfriends and husbands and don't serve a day

I think it is foolish to drive under the influence and if I had that kind of money I think I could come up with a ride but how long should she go to jail? sure she broke the law but what does she have to do to pay for her crime? both of them got off just about the same as any other hot young blonde girl would

I think what people get so ticked about is the media attention, well-don't watch the news-I don't

and as far as credit people are going to have to start reading the fine print, if it sounds too good it probably is, people are fucking idiots, you don't get something for nothing
hahaha, the only news i see is the headliners on Yahoo.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:06 PM   #17
sherryberry

there are some funny headlines on yahoo sometimes. they'd have no good news story or something and they'd post stories about the annoying traits of women or how the modern job market has changed. hehe.. or there'd be a recipe in there.

Old 08-27-2007, 03:31 PM   #18
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

yeah, me too

and attack of the show, that's my news