Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-19-2006, 12:48 PM   #1
Bassmonkey

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan-Barcelona Red
Cool DIY Oil Change

First off I want to say that I am a very proud owner of my very first Toyota as well as my very first brand new car. After much research and time, I came to the conclusion that we really couldn't do better than a Yaris for the fuel eco. and price. I have to say, I absolutely love it.

That being said, I love to do my own work on my cars and hardly let anyone else touch them. I plan to do the same thing with my Yaris. Since I have never changed the oil on a Toyota, my only real question is the Oil Filter. I am wondering if anyone recommends a specific Oil Filter and where I can get one? Do I need to or can I purchase them at the dealer? I know with my last car (Ford Contour ) the Motorcraft filters seemed to work much better for it. Just wondering if that is the same for Toyota. Just for grins I hit my local parts store to see if they had it, but they don't even list the car yet.

Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks!!
Bassmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote