Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-15-2010, 02:55 AM   #1
spookybathtub

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Air vents blowing too warm when AC is off

Hi everyone.
I recently bought a 2007 Hatchback Yaris. I try to avoid using the AC whenever possible, to boost fuel economy. One really annoying thing I have noticed is that when the AC is off, the air from the vents is always much warmer than the outside air. I live in beautiful southern California, so summer evenings are commonly 60 - 65 degrees (F). But the air from my vents is uncomfortably warm - probably around 80 but I haven't actually measured it.

I know this makes sense, because the air is passing through the hot engine compartment, but it just seems more extreme than any other car I've driven. Does anybody else notice this, and has anyone come up with a solution?

Of course I could just open the windows, but I prefer having them up for audio reasons.
spookybathtub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:13 AM   #2
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
you've got strange priorities
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:05 AM   #3
bobolinko
Bob

Drives: Yaris and Scion XD 5 spd BSP
There MIGHT be a problem with the heater circuit that is not really turning the heating off. You can also make sure that the temperature adjustment is at the maximum cool position and then make the checks on your system, that it is actually setting those controls at the devices to the lowest positions. The outside air passes into your cabin from the intake behind the hood and would not be all that warm through the vents. you could also try slightly opening at least one window in the back to allow more of the cool air to enter the cabin.

Last edited by bobolinko; 08-16-2010 at 09:15 AM.
bobolinko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:14 PM   #4
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
turn the switch to recycle...itll drop the temperature a bit.
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote