Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-06-2006, 11:39 PM   #109
Mad Munchkin
makeminesilver...I think

Drives: 07 Yaris 5dr-B RS man/silver
Welcome everyone! Hey LAHAL, can I ask which dealership you ordered from? I just ordered from Country Hills last week and was told the 3.9% red tag financing wasn't applicable to the '07s?!! Thanks.
Mad Munchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 01:00 AM   #110
LAHAL

Drives: 07 Yaris RS B package Manuel
Hey Mad Muchkin, Stampede Toyota, on 32 ave NE.
LAHAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 03:30 AM   #111
pyratio
I've made a post!

Drives: Mini Cooper S
yo wassup from Honolulu!

--Hey everyone wassup!!! pyratio here from Honolulu. Cool forum! I saw the Yaris for the first time this spring in Japan and I had to learn more about that cool little car. It looks like the Yaris is coming to the U.S. Yay! I currently own an 05 Mini Cooper S and maybe it's hatchback tiny car fever or something but I really like the yaris too. Dunno. Can't wait to test drive one later. Til then I'll live through y'all vicariously. Thanks for havin me here.

~pyratio
pyratio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 08:11 AM   #112
Mad Munchkin
makeminesilver...I think

Drives: 07 Yaris 5dr-B RS man/silver
Aloha pyratio!
Mad Munchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 05:59 PM   #113
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Munchkin
Aloha pyratio!
Hawaii? How enviable!? Welcome!

Last edited by swng; 03-07-2006 at 06:14 PM.
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 08:22 PM   #114
as400g33k

Drives: 05 YRS Silver Lining Metallic
welcome pyratio!
as400g33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 10:10 PM   #115
LAHAL

YAY, my car is here. If i get out of work early tomorow, i will get all the papers signed and ready to take possesion, if i don't get out of work in time, i will get it saturday. Man am i excited. So this means that everyone waiting for there Yaris's, in calgary, THEY HAVE ARRIVED
Old 03-09-2006, 11:09 PM   #116
foober

Drives: two yaris liftbacks
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAHAL
YAY, my car is here. If i get out of work early tomorow, i will get all the papers signed and ready to take possesion, if i don't get out of work in time, i will get it saturday. Man am i excited. So this means that everyone waiting for there Yaris's, in calgary, THEY HAVE ARRIVED
Congrats. I guess canada is getting them before the usa. YOU lucky ducks.
foober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 11:21 PM   #117
hhcchen
stop staring my star perv

Drives: 97 tercel
i wonder where is the port of entry...
when the yaris arrives in canada...???
if it's somewhere in bc... maybe i can drop by and take a visit...
hhcchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:24 AM   #118
jdgriswald
5-Door Envy

Drives: '08 Scion xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by foober
Congrats. I guess canada is getting them before the usa. YOU lucky ducks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhcchen
i wonder where is the port of entry...
when the yaris arrives in canada...???
if it's somewhere in bc... maybe i can drop by and take a visit...
Guys they've been on showroom floors in Canada since October 17th. Not only did they get them earlier, but they can be configured with more stuff (and doors) than we will get.
Yaris replaces the Echo Hatch which U.S. also didn't see. The thinking is that since they don't get Scions, the Yaris fills that market segment instead.
jdgriswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 12:36 PM   #119
foober

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgriswald
Guys they've been on showroom floors in Canada since October 17th. Not only did they get them earlier, but they can be configured with more stuff (and doors) than we will get.
Yaris replaces the Echo Hatch which U.S. also didn't see. The thinking is that since they don't get Scions, the Yaris fills that market segment instead.
Any idea when the yaris will really get to the usa. I've phoned several dealerships in the northwest and i get a different answer each time. Basically sounds like they don't really know anything.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:08 PM   #120
jdgriswald
5-Door Envy

Drives: '08 Scion xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by foober
Any idea when the yaris will really get to the usa. I've phoned several dealerships in the northwest and i get a different answer each time. Basically sounds like they don't really know anything.
I've gotten the same runaround. Third week/last week of March was last I heard, but they really had no clue.
jdgriswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 11:54 AM   #121
LAHAL

Alright guys, its not 10 am, and i'm off to the dealership to pick up my car, then i'm gonna drive around the city twice and finish off downtown, at the international auto show thats on in calgary this week. So i hope everyone has a good weekend, i'm sure i will :)
Old 03-11-2006, 02:15 PM   #122
foober

Quote:
Alright guys, its not 10 am, and i'm off to the dealership to pick up my car, then i'm gonna drive around the city twice and finish off downtown, at the international auto show thats on in calgary this week. So i hope everyone has a good weekend, i'm sure i will :)
Let us know what you think of it. i'm jealous of course. Come on toyota start sending them out to the dealerships in the usa.
Old 03-12-2006, 04:21 AM   #123
LAHAL

so i picked up my car, and i got to say..... Its WICKED, what a good little car. Great handling, alot of looks for people. Talked to a guy from Country Hill Toyota in calgary, at the auto show, and he told me that i should re-think getting 18 inch rims cause your gonna have to sacrifice on the tire, and its not a good thing to do in calgary, with all the pot holes. So he recommended going with 17, and that they have packages at the dealership, going from around 1000 to 1600 dollars, including installation, and it wouldn't void the warrenty.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:26 AM   #124
foober

Quote:
so i picked up my car, and i got to say..... Its WICKED, what a good little car. Great handling, alot of looks for people. Talked to a guy from Country Hill Toyota in calgary, at the auto show, and he told me that i should re-think getting 18 inch rims cause your gonna have to sacrifice on the tire, and its not a good thing to do in calgary, with all the pot holes. So he recommended going with 17, and that they have packages at the dealership, going from around 1000 to 1600 dollars, including installation, and it wouldn't void the warrenty.
Is it easy to handle. And how peppy is it. Another question. How does it handle going 70+ miles an hour on the highway. thanks, envious in montana.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:32 PM   #125
LAHAL

Handles great, its actually pretty funny, i was on the highway passing cars, and i couldn't figure out why everyone was going so slow, then i looked at the speedometer, and i was doing 140kph, lol, my bad, had to slow down. didn' even realize i was going that fast.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:53 AM   #126
LAHAL

hey guys, i picked up my yaris on saturday morning, and realized later that the windows weren't tinted, and the brochure says tinted glass. Wondering if anyone else got a yaris with tinted window, or if its a dealership installation that they have to do.