Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-13-2006, 10:41 AM   #127
GabL
I want JDM bumpers!

Drives: 5 Dr Yaris RS in Blazing Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAHAL
hey guys, i picked up my yaris on saturday morning, and realized later that the windows weren't tinted, and the brochure says tinted glass. Wondering if anyone else got a yaris with tinted window, or if its a dealership installation that they have to do.
By tinted glass it means the light greenish tint on the windows, not the aftermarket tint.
GabL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 07:52 AM   #128
Mad Munchkin
makeminesilver...I think

Drives: 07 Yaris 5dr-B RS man/silver
Quote:
Alright guys, its not 10 am, and i'm off to the dealership to pick up my car, then i'm gonna drive around the city twice and finish off downtown, at the international auto show thats on in calgary this week. So i hope everyone has a good weekend, i'm sure i will :)
Hey LAHAL...I went to the auto show too; did you see the huge crowd around the copper Yaris RS there? I could hardly get near it! That was the first time I saw an actual RS with the B package and I'm now even more excited about delivery...I can't wait!!!! Hope you had a good time at the show. Probably had a better time driving the new car!
Mad Munchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 07:10 PM   #129
St.Francis

Drives: '07 Yaris Liftback, Manual
LAHAL & Mad Munchkin you need to post some pics please.
St.Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 08:26 PM   #130
Mad Munchkin
makeminesilver...I think

Start cursing me now, it's ok. I never took any pics; way too crowded! Many people I walked past were trying (and swearing) to but to get back far enough from any car to take a decent picture meant there was about 20 people in front of you trying to see the cars. One thing I did notice was that the various cars in the compact and sub-compact classes (Fit, smartfortwo, Mini, YARIS) were drawing way more attention than the luxury ones! Good to see. The mini, Yaris and smart were drawing, by FAR, the largest line-ups, though.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:09 AM   #131
LAHAL

Drives: 07 Yaris RS B package Manuel
Hey Mad Munchkin, did you sit in the Honda Fit?, i gotta say, i didn't like the fit at all, i felt like if i pushed it from the side, it was gonna flip over. LOL.

I will post pics soon, i work in the printing industry and its annual report time, so i'm very busy, but pics are coming. fear not.

I had toyota install a 2-Way Remote Car Starter and Security, so not to void any warrenties. I didn't even know they offered it, but they did, so i just added the cost to my financial payments.
LAHAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 08:06 PM   #132
Mad Munchkin
makeminesilver...I think

Quote:
Hey Mad Munchkin, did you sit in the Honda Fit?, i gotta say, i didn't like the fit at all, i felt like if i pushed it from the side, it was gonna flip over. LOL.

I will post pics soon, i work in the printing industry and its annual report time, so i'm very busy, but pics are coming. fear not.

I had toyota install a 2-Way Remote Car Starter and Security, so not to void any warrenties. I didn't even know they offered it, but they did, so i just added the cost to my financial payments.
Never sat in the Fit...did see it and didn't like exterior nearly as much as the Yaris. Auto show was an adventure since I had family in and my 3-yr old niece was glued to my side! She preferred the minivans mostly but did give a big nod to the Yaris when I told her 'auntie' just ordered one!
I asked at Country Hills about security system availability for mine when I ordered and he said they were still 'ironing' out some wrinkles of what would work with the stereo, keyless etc. but would let me know. Assuming yours is a dealership add-on, did you order it when you paid your deposit or after? And can I ask how much?
Old 03-21-2006, 12:18 AM   #133
Kitt

Drives: Thndr cl metallic HB 3 drs '05
Send a message via MSN to Kitt
Wuzzup just signed in
When i got this car i never tought that i was getting a really good one! Im glad to be here!
Old 03-21-2006, 12:21 AM   #134
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
Welcome!
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 02:18 AM   #135
as400g33k

Drives: 05 YRS Silver Lining Metallic
welcome, mate!
as400g33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 08:49 AM   #136
Andrew
I've made a post!

Drives: No Yaris... Yet
I had the pleasure of playing with a yaris two days ago, and now... i'm on a Yaris Forum. We'll see where it leads, but me and a buddy are already making a mod list for it.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 09:21 AM   #137
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Sweet. Welcome.

Those mod lists do grow quickly, don't they.
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 12:19 AM   #138
spoolinsedan
What's a Carwash?

Drives: 2004 Subaru WRX
Send a message via AIM to spoolinsedan
I don't think the Yaris has hit Texas yet, but I cant wait for it to get here! It gets so much better gas mileage than my WRX!
spoolinsedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 06:56 PM   #139
Rel3elwit0utacoz
I've made a post!

Drives: 04 Honda Civic EX
Send a message via AIM to Rel3elwit0utacoz Send a message via MSN to Rel3elwit0utacoz
im thinking about getting the new liftback yaris. im a little concerned there may not be enough power. i wanted to test drive one but they were sold out. someone convince me why i should trade in my 04 civic for a brand new yaris
Rel3elwit0utacoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 10:26 PM   #140
swng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rel3elwit0utacoz
im thinking about getting the new liftback yaris. im a little concerned there may not be enough power. i wanted to test drive one but they were sold out. someone convince me why i should trade in my 04 civic for a brand new yaris
Welcome! Good cars are sold out fast friend! I cannot say the Civic is not a good car. In fact it is quite good. However, the Yaris is good too, and it certainly does not lack power. So please don't worry!
Compared with the Civic, the Yaris is slightly more fuel efficient and is easier to park. It allows you to sit higher and have a more commanding driving position(that is, if you like that kind of sitting position). Its fold down rear seats afford you a lot of cargo handling flexibility. Unlike the Civic, its look is much less generic. Park it next to a Civic in the street and see which one catches more eyes. Also, if it can be considered as the next generation Echo(I would so consider), it is a lot less prone to car theft(at least this is true in Canada).
I guess you can hardly go wrong with either keeping the Civic or going for the Yaris. You may also like to check out registration and insurance cost differences about which I know little. Cost differences are likely to exist though because the Civic is classified as a compact car but the Yaris is a sub-compact.
Just my humble opinion. Wish you good luck!
Old 03-28-2006, 10:50 PM   #141
swng

Hi Rel3elwitOutacoz, further to my last post, I would like to draw your attention to hoahmaru's post today in the "Canadian Members" thread. His views about the Yaris are similar to mine, and he has talked about the Civic too.
Old 04-01-2006, 02:11 PM   #142
plushDJ

Drives: 2007 3 dr manual
Hey all, I saw there's a lot of Canadians on here so that's cool. I have a 3 door hatch coming in April!! CHEERS FROM RED DEER!!!!
plushDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 07:33 PM   #143
swng

Welcome! I think we have lots of Canadians here because we in Canada get the Yaris a few months earlier than our US friends.
Old 04-02-2006, 09:27 PM   #144
as400g33k

Drives: 05 YRS Silver Lining Metallic
welcome all!
as400g33k is offline   Reply With Quote