Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-02-2006, 08:06 PM   #1
Leenis24
lil' town up north

Drives: 07 Yaris LB 5 speed Meteorite
Announcement: Mine will be in soon

My sales guy called today and said that the 5 speed hatch will be in one of there next allocations in about a month or so. I was the first one on the list of people who wanted one from that dealer. i sent in my deposit and im locked in, just waiting for it to come now. He said he will know thursday exactly the date it will come in. The color is Meteorite Metalic. It has the convenience package and the all weather package. it also come with the Yaris floormats and the rear bumper protector. All in all the price is $12,485. Im so happy that i know its on its way. I wish it was the blazing blue but im not going to complain. I'll keep everyone updated.

Happy Yarising
Leenis24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 10:55 PM   #2
artyin

Drives: tC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenis24
My sales guy called today and said that the 5 speed hatch will be in one of there next allocations in about a month or so. I was the first one on the list of people who wanted one from that dealer. i sent in my deposit and im locked in, just waiting for it to come now. He said he will know thursday exactly the date it will come in. The color is Meteorite Metalic. It has the convenience package and the all weather package. it also come with the Yaris floormats and the rear bumper protector. All in all the price is $12,485. Im so happy that i know its on its way. I wish it was the blazing blue but im not going to complain. I'll keep everyone updated.

Happy Yarising

Congrats on your purchase. I'm considering the Yaris for my first car, but I'm not sure how dealerships work.

What happens if the dealer doesn't have the color, transmission, trim, or options you want in the car? Do you pay a deposit, and the dealer orders it and it comes in with the next shipment?

What if you absolutely had to have the blazing blue over meteorite metallic? Would you just have to wait longer for the dealer to order it?
artyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 11:35 PM   #3
foober

Drives: two yaris liftbacks
congrats. YOur gonna love it. I'm loving mine more each day with the whats happening with the gas prices. its a great little car. Alot more comfortable and zippy than I'd hoped for. Alot of get up and go for such a little engine.
foober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 11:37 PM   #4
foober

Quote:
Originally Posted by artyin
Congrats on your purchase. I'm considering the Yaris for my first car, but I'm not sure how dealerships work.

What happens if the dealer doesn't have the color, transmission, trim, or options you want in the car? Do you pay a deposit, and the dealer orders it and it comes in with the next shipment?

What if you absolutely had to have the blazing blue over meteorite metallic? Would you just have to wait longer for the dealer to order it?
Go to your dealer. Tell them what you want. He'll check whats allocated to his dealership and the dealerships in your area and will come up with what is closest to what you want. If you don't like what they tell you they have then wait another week or two till another allotment of cars is shipped out to your area. Just keep checking is the key.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:56 AM   #5
DJ_SpaRky
Resident Scion Guy

Drives: 2008 Mazda3 S Sport
Congrats.

I've Never heard of that color, man, I need to keep checking the site. LOL
Old 05-03-2006, 10:23 AM   #6
ricko

Drives: Copper-Orange Yaris RS
What IS "Meteorite Metallic"???????
ricko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 10:36 AM   #7
Goose
Car Geek

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Meteorite Metallic is like a gunmetal kinda color (dark metallic gray). Congratulations, Leenis24, on your new car...

'07 Blazing Blue 5-speed liftback (sold)
'08 Black auto liftback (sold)
'09 Carmine Red auto 4-door liftback (sold)
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 10:47 AM   #8
ricko

Wow ....... gunmetal grey is a fav of mine! Congrats L.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:58 AM   #9
Idjiit
5 Stars, Bitches

Drives: Prius, Silver Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose
Meteorite Metallic is like a gunmetal kinda color (dark metallic gray). Congratulations, Leenis24, on your new car...
No it isn't. It's a fairly light silver color:

This is the darkest it looks, this being taken near sundown...

Like most silver cars it takes on it's surroundings. In full sunlight, the silver is quite light...

Gunmetal Grey is much much darker. Since, well, it's the color of most blued guns:
Idjiit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 11:04 AM   #10
ricko

Nice, but not gunmetal.
Old 05-03-2006, 04:40 PM   #11
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by foober
Go to your dealer. Tell them what you want. He'll check whats allocated to his dealership and the dealerships in your area and will come up with what is closest to what you want. If you don't like what they tell you they have then wait another week or two till another allotment of cars is shipped out to your area. Just keep checking is the key.
Yes, if you absolutely must have one color they can try and get if for you, but you might have to wait a while.

When I worked at a toyota dealer there was a customer who wanted a tundra a specific way. Had to have only what he wanted, in his color, etc.

Took 8 months for him to get his vehicle.

If you just care about the color, and not the exact options you should be able to get one a lot quicker, he just wanted a very unusual vehicle configuration.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:55 PM   #12
foober

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idjiit
No it isn't. It's a fairly light silver color:

This is the darkest it looks, this being taken near sundown...

Like most silver cars it takes on it's surroundings. In full sunlight, the silver is quite light...

Gunmetal Grey is much much darker. Since, well, it's the color of most blued guns:
Hey, who took a picture of my car. Its soo "cute". I love my car. You've got to get a sticker that says this isn't a hybrid though. Everyone thinks its a hybrid. I even have prius people drive by and wave to me cause I'm guessing they think I've joined their hybrid club.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:56 PM   #13
birdy
I stay G'd Up

Drives: 02 wrx wagon
Send a message via AIM to birdy
wow that car looks good already, how much lower is that seat compared to stock??
birdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 06:11 PM   #14
Idjiit
5 Stars, Bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdy
wow that car looks good already, how much lower is that seat compared to stock??
In that photo it's about 2.5 inches lower than stock, measured from the top of my head to the roof.

More details here:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360
Old 05-03-2006, 06:13 PM   #15
Leenis24
lil' town up north

I wish it was going to be gunmetal. I was actually thinking of getting gunmetal rims for it though, or black dont know yet. Im definately gunna want to lower it too. I think i'll grow to like this color, doesnt look to bad in silver/light grey. i want to put a not to big vinyl graphic on the sides too, im going more towards a black checkered flag pattern in some arrangement, i'll photoshop some pics together and show you all them to see what you think.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:13 PM   #16
Idjiit
5 Stars, Bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by foober
You've got to get a sticker that says this isn't a hybrid though. Everyone thinks its a hybrid. I even have prius people drive by and wave to me cause I'm guessing they think I've joined their hybrid club.
Heh, funny thing - my wife waved to a Prius driver the other day while I was taking her out in the Yaris. She forgot weren't driving our Prius.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:36 PM   #17
Leenis24
lil' town up north

Heres some ideas i have in my head.
Attached Images

Old 05-03-2006, 07:59 PM   #18
YarisBueller
Administrator

woah I like that **alot** !! (do it :) :)

(the last one that has no shadow on the checkers in my fav...)
YarisBueller is offline   Reply With Quote