Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 08-29-2012, 12:35 AM   #1
detroiter

Drives: 2008 Polar White LB Auto
Stock struts...go back to factory height or keep lowered?

Well my Tokicos have a ton of mileage on them, probably close to a good 80-95,000 miles on them and I figure it's about time to replace them. The suspension is getting really hard on bumps and bouncy otherwise. My thing is I have the stock shocks that I could put back on that are maybe about 30,000 or so easy going miles on them. The question is, do I pair them up with the Tein springs I'm currently on or should I just go back to factory springs with them?
I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.
detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:57 AM   #2
Form>Function

Drives: 07 Flint Sedan
Do you notice any physical damage to the tokicos? Are they leaking? When you push down on the car does it compress down and not rebound? Just trying to help you avoid replacing them if possible.

1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:25 AM   #3
suckerface
#1 Lemming

Drives: Light Blue '08 Yaris
I'm running stock shocks with approx 95k on them with the MI springs, and I've had no issues so far. I am, however, looking to replace them ASAP as there is quite a bit of squeaking when I push the car into corners or over bumps.

That being said, if you only have 30k on yours, you'll be good for awhile, especially if you plan to replace or rebuild the Tokicos.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:39 PM   #4
Yarflana

Drives: 2008 Base Model
I put 100K on stock struts and shocks with no issues at all.
Yarflana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:55 PM   #5
SKurj

Drives: 09 Yaris 3dr HB, BRZ
Well depending on how much its lowered... you could blow the stock shocks and struts if you use them with the springs. If its only around 1" drop you would be ok.

I have tokico blues with tein springs, around 70,000kms on them now and they work like the day I got them. Of course in the winter they are firmer until they get a chance to warm up abit.
SKurj is offline   Reply With Quote