Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2017, 02:59 AM   #1
rabbito

Drives: 2012 Toyota Yaris Sedan (Vios)
Successful 1ZZ Throttle Body Swap

last time i failed to put 1zz throttle body so i took it to the custom shop where i can fit exact diameter and length of the intake/coolant hoses..the owners a professional racer at the track and i think he did a great job..here are some steps..
1. disconnect and took off the battery (took off the battery to replace the old coolant hoses and replace them with longer ones)
2. took off the old throttle body and put the 1zz throttle body with spacer (use gasket maker/sealant)
3. take off the stock body plastic intake and replace them with 3" pipe with coupler 2.5" and 2" that fits perfectly on the stock box
4. start the car and wait about 5-10 min., car will have high idle for about 5 min. and drop down to 600-700rpm.

the blue U tube attached to intake it just a cosmetic thing 😂

i recently upgraded to piggyback ecu with E85 fuel injection but had slight problem with starting(i think due to advanced timing too), with 1zz tb it starts much smoother and faster.

current mod: pulley, header, center pipe, 1jz injector with e85 plugs, piggyback ecu with advance timing and fuel injection control, rs vvti solenoid and maf sensor, ngk iridium plugs
suspension: performance spring and shock with 1.5" drop, project mu brake pads with hankook v2 tires, front strut, rear sway, cabin mid floor and rear strut bars

Pro: just like everyone said, i think you get couple hp from this modification..rpm rises much much faster..mid to high end is just beautiful, i can feel the smooth powerband all the way from 3,000 to redline..

Con: some people say they feel like the throttle stays open..it doesnt stay open, there are a lot of air just coming in haha, there is a slight second where it feels like the throttle body stays open..look at the throttle body comparison i did below...1zz tb's 60mm which is pretty huge..

p.s: i cleaned the original tb after 30,000km which had sludges in the back of tb...cleaned them and put them back on..after 10,000km i have dirty tb again but not too much..i put the breather on so we will see what happens..

please comment or fix me if i am wrong, thank you and enjoy! 😃😃😃😃

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk
Electric: Volt Stablizer & Multi gauge obd2
Cosmetic: Toyota red emblem

Last edited by rabbito; 02-20-2017 at 03:50 AM.
rabbito is offline   Reply With Quote