Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-04-2009, 01:42 AM   #1
mastaofdisasta

Drives: yaris
removing factory radio

How do i do it and how hard is it? I have a bit of a project ahead of me tomorrow. And the only thing im not sure on is removing the stock radios and maybe the door panels and other interior parts.

Heres whats going in

Kenwood head unit
Alpine 4channel amp
alpine type s 6x9
alpine type s 6.5
Pioneer 2 channel amp
Rockford Fostgate p1's x2 in RF box, its basically this goin in my trunk til i can downgrade to something smaller with more power, or maybe thats an upgrade?

Old 01-04-2009, 04:04 AM   #2
Kalralahr
But it's a bright blue...

Drives: 08 Blue Hatch Back
Check out the DIY

Check out the DIY manual in the “Downloads for Registered Member” section. Lots of great photos and instructions. Looks straight forward and not to thorny. I’ll be doing HU and speakers next week myself. Already did the tint, spoiler, cruise control, armrest, cargo net, ect….. Which Kenwood HU did you go with?
Kalralahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:31 AM   #3
kxsails

Drives: 08 3 dr Hatchback blue
Radio removal is simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastaofdisasta View Post
How do i do it and how hard is it? I have a bit of a project ahead of me tomorrow. And the only thing im not sure on is removing the stock radios and maybe the door panels and other interior parts.

Heres whats going in

Kenwood head unit
Alpine 4channel amp
alpine type s 6x9
alpine type s 6.5
Pioneer 2 channel amp
Rockford Fostgate p1's x2 in RF box, its basically this goin in my trunk til i can downgrade to something smaller with more power, or maybe thats an upgrade?

I removed my radio today following the instructions here on the forum, and it took 15 minutes, because I went really slow, so that I wouldn't scratch anything. I expect the adapter harnesses and bracket from Crutchfield this week, so that I can install my JVC HD stereo in my 08 3 dr HB. I haven't removed the door panels yet, but I did remove the rear driver side panel, and again follow instructions here, and take your time, as you need to loosen (i.e. pull out) each catch slowly. Good Luck