Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-14-2006, 01:12 AM   #1
costaricandreams
Raggamuffin

Drives: Yaris Latchback 2007
Exclamation Get your Yaris without waiting!

After talking with a guy by email who wants to buy my Yari, I have decided to share some fun details on how you can cut in line of those who have a security deposit.

First, all dealers will want at least a $500.00 deposit. Make sure you get it in writing that they must give you a full refund if they don't sell you car by a specific time. They are like dogs and want to mark you as being theirs. Use a credit card and give them very specific fully loaded options for what you want. Finding a manual Latchback with a power package should do the trick. There are only 2 in all of the Southeast Toyota's territory right now, as of 07-14-06. Tell them you are unwilling to accept anything without those options and you don't want to order and wait 6 months from Japan. Also tell them you are going to look around and see if you can find another Yari before them. Offer to have them try and get a Yaris transfered to their dealership to sell it to you, if you find another one.

Then start fishing at you local dealerships and get a sales person or two working for you. First go out for a test drive. Hopefully they will have one of the new 4 door sedans available. There are lots of them coming off the boat in Florida. Look the salesperson in the eye and hand them a printout of a Yaris that's located somewhere in Southeast Toyota's inventory. Tell them that if they can get this car you will buy it right now! This will get those greedy fucks going! They are hungry little salespeople looking to pull the carpet out from under anyone out there to make a buck. They will also want a 500.00 deposit. Promise to give it to them but complain about how you have already put down money at the other dealership. Tell them you need to talk with your wife/husband first, but they are at work and you don't want to be spreading cash all over town. They will verify it somehow behind your back. They will keep calling you after they know you are a serious buyer asking for your deposit money to lock you in. They will try and get you to sign a purchase agreement. Don't do it. Keep promising to give a deposit but never budge. Not giving this deposit is going to be the key to landing your Yari of choice, as I'll explain later.

Next you need to learn Southeast Toyota's distributor inventory system. Go to a specific dealer's homepage and search for the Yaris. The list is huge but only the first 3 or so are actually going to arrive at that dealership. You can tell if a car has been allocated from the distributor to the dealership who's web page you entered from by looking at the VIN#. If the VIN # displays fully, and not just the last 4 or so digits on the car you selected. Then you are looking at a car that will arrive to that dealership. Then pay attention to the cars arrival date. You can search for all the dealerships listed and verify their inventory through www.toyota.com. But searching all of them for the specific VIN you want out of the inventory is next to impossible. A dealership will not tell you what other dealer has the car allocated to it, because they want to sell you a car. The car is in such high demand, no dealer will be willing to trade out a manual Yaris Latchback with power right now.

After you spot the Yari you want and have found where its arriving, its time to play the chump card to the dealer. First call the dealership who is getting the car, and let the salesperson you contacted before that you may come out and take a look at it when it arrives. Tell them that its not the one you really want, because it doesn't have all the options; but maybe, just maybe you'll buy it, if it turns out to catch your eye.

Then show up at the hour the dealership opens first thing. Your Yaris will be there waiting for you. It will probably be around back, because its reserved for someone with a security deposit. You have not given a deposit to them yet and they know you already have a deposit at the other dealership. This is where the boss will see another opportunity to make a buck. The Yaris you are looking at has already been reserved by someone with a security deposit at the dealership you don't have one with. The sales people know you are going to buy a car. The only question is, who will it be from? Them or their competition. In the end, they just want to sell as many cars as possible. After all, car salesmen dick people over all day long for a living, and this is just another way for them to screw someone over. Their consciences became desensitized along time ago anyhow. So, they will call the poor sap who put a security deposit on the car and tell him/her there was some problem and it could be another week before the car comes in. After signing a purchase agreement. The salesperson will run outside and snatch the sticker off the window to claim the sale ,and they will speed it around back to have it "detailed" -- away from the eyes of the person on the way to pick up their promised car.

That's right! You got the car and not the person with the deposit because the big fat cat in the back who your salesperson sucks off every 10 min. during negotiations wants to steal his competitors business. All the while the waiting line just gets longer. But not for you. Be prepared to pay MSRP, but hopefully they won't screw you by putting the worthless Toyoguard option on it that drives the price up almost 1k to increase their profit margin before and after the sale with "dealer holdback."

Also get a preapproved finance check from Capital One financing. Then you can mean it when you say that you will buy the car right then, because you can. Then don't tell them how much your APR is from your preapproved loan. They will try and beat it out of you, but don't budge. You can then name your APR and they will scramble to find favors from people to extend the loan to you themselves. There is alot of money to be made in lending. Take one look at www.bankrate.com and pull up an amortization table. Its kinda sad really.

I just feel bad for that girl who came in looking for her Yaris that morning. She looked so sad as they gave her another brochure.

costaricandreams@hotmail.com

Hey check out my Yari pics here...
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=768

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yo! I don't need no stinken' Ferrari, cause I'm flippen' my Yari. And then I'll get another one and another one and another one..... The tale moves on..... Straight pimpen' .... in my bad ass Yari.... That's a wrap....

Last edited by costaricandreams; 07-14-2006 at 10:05 AM.
costaricandreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 01:41 AM   #2
johnnyfive

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
interesting...

and i like that you did come up with a rap for flipping yaris :P
johnnyfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 05:50 AM   #3
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Keep your day job, your rap game needs help, lol.

Last edited by Chris07LB; 07-14-2006 at 06:27 PM.
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 06:07 AM   #4
boxerboy

Drives: WRX ,Tacoma and Yaris
I put down a deposit with not obligation yo buy. The dealer called me every week and told me when it was to arrive. It came in sooner than they thought. The vins from toyota.com did not match the vin# of my car.
boxerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 07:26 AM   #5
bikergal

Drives: Tacoma 4x4
So let me get this right... you are pretty much taking someone elses car out from under them and you are happy about that? Then you go off and sell the car for profit?

Unbelieveable

Very sad
bikergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 07:48 AM   #6
fearturtle44

Drives: S Flint Mica
I think Mr. Dreams should run for Congress. He would fit right in.....

Kevin
fearturtle44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 08:15 AM   #7
costaricandreams
Raggamuffin

Drives: Yaris Latchback 2007
I imagine there are some dealerships out there that don't break their promise to the customers. An exception to the rule always exists. But I would say that 9.5 times out of 10, they will end up screwing you six ways to Sunday if they can. After all, its only their job right? Those people who believe their dealership truly cares about them have been snowballed into a bag of crap larger than a SUV purchase.
costaricandreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 09:08 AM   #8
boxerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by costaricandreams
I imagine there are some dealerships out there that don't break their promise to the customers. An exception to the rule always exists. But I would say that 9.5 times out of 10, they will end up screwing you six ways to Sunday if they can. After all, its only their job right? Those people who believe their dealership truly cares about them have been snowballed into a bag of crap larger than a SUV purchase.
This is pretty much true. The dealer can make or break any future sales. My Toyota and Lexus dealer seem to be looking down the road, the long haul. They don't want to sell you one car they want to sell you all your cars. The first dealer I went to lied big time so I said see ya. That dealer has changed owners three times in the last 7 years.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:03 AM   #9
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
The dealership that I went thru and I purchased from was awesome and was only late by 1 day on getting me the car...I gave them 72 hours to find my Yaris S and they did it...They didn't dick me around and even gave me a Red Lobster lunch so I guess they are part of your .5 that don't dick you around....or I got very very lucky.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 01:01 PM   #10
60 Somethings
Old Folks

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB, 2006 4Runner V8
Dealer here in Vancouver, WA treated us very nicely. Of course we were dealing with the fleet mgr, and we had just bought a new 4Runner V8 from him two months before.

Didn't ask for a credit card "deposit" or credit approval or anything - delivered our fully loaded Yaris (everything but Alloys) in about 9 days (It had just arrived on the ship in the port of Portland (OR). (We represented a known quantity at that point, so he apparently dispensed with the normal BS.)

We got it for $500 under MSRP - could have even been a few hundred lower if I had been sharper, but I figure he earned the extra $ finding and delivering an absolutely great, hard to find car.

When we arrived to pick it up, it was parked out front with a SOLD sign in the window with both the salesman's and customer's name on it. As we walked out the door to get into it, a salesman and a potential customer were peeking in it's windows.

We have only seen ONE other liftback in the 2 months+ we have owned ours - it was parked on the street down in Portland.
60 Somethings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:25 PM   #11
boxerboy

Toyota wants every ones buying experience to be pleasant. Some dealers really worry about that.
Old 07-14-2006, 05:01 PM   #12
Ran Kizama
That Anime Guy

Drives: 5-Speed Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Ran Kizama Send a message via MSN to Ran Kizama
Wow, a real scam artist at work here. I don't really think you have anything positive to add to this forum. If I were a mod, you'd be banned already.
Old 07-14-2006, 05:32 PM   #13
JustJo

Drives: Blue Yaris LB
When I was at the dealership one time they were prepping a lb and they wouldn't even let me sit in it because it belonged to someone else, all I could do was look.
JustJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 10:59 PM   #14
fred812
Authorized User

Drives: 2007 5 spd Hatch White
Yes I agreed Just joe!
I was at my local dealer and they were RECON as the call it (prep)primpa yaris. And the only reason they let me open the doors and look was the recon guys had seen me so many times they thought it was my yaris, when they found out it wasnt mine they really got defensive, which I appreciated! They better do that for my baby!!
F
fred812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 12:06 AM   #15
sroberts

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by costaricandreams
After talking with a guy by email who wants to buy my Yari, I have decided to share some fun details on how you can cut in line of those who have a security deposit.

I just feel bad for that girl who came in looking for her Yaris that morning. She looked so sad as they gave her another brochure.
Man,you are one screwed up person with no ethics. If I knew a dealership was going to do that to someone or told me they were going to do that, I would walk right out the door and go somewhere else. And whats worse you are trying to encourage it. I wouldn't do that to anyone nor would I want it done to me.....
Old 07-15-2006, 12:39 AM   #16
Dylanby

Drives: RS 5-DR
Really didn't need it posted it in four separate threads either.
Dylanby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 02:19 AM   #17
TRD_Yaris
Yarii Hunter

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback and S13's
Good writeup! YOU'RE gonna get flamed for it, but if people don't wanna know how to play the game, get off the f**king merry-go-round!

I did (basically) the same thing without "cutting in line". I demanded what i wanted, found it myself, and allowed the local stealership to arrange the transfer...
it sucks watching so many people wait when all they gotta do i a bit of research. You've told them how, atleast. If they choose not to take your full advice, that's their problem.
Old 07-15-2006, 12:06 PM   #18
sroberts

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD_Yaris
Good writeup! YOU'RE gonna get flamed for it, but if people don't wanna know how to play the game, get off the f**king merry-go-round!
What game? Patience, planning, ethics? Pretty sad world we live in when we have to act like animals to get something. If you played the "game", as you so arrogantly put it, it is actually ordering a car and waiting for it. That IS the game and no one has to wait a long time. Seems to me that the only people that are waiting more then a month for their Yarii are the ones getting them sold out from under them by some dumb@ss dealerships and greedy buyers. The rest are only waiting about a month. Get it?