Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-06-2009, 01:11 PM   #19
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreciousPups4U View Post
Awesome. Take photos.

Or maybe a tall blonde in stilettos, fishnets and a mini skirt. make it memorable.
Then it would be like Deal or No Deal. Priceless.

You could even dress like Howie Mandel.
33OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:23 PM   #20
firebird1999us

Drives: 2003 Mach 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddongbap View Post
Well, I think theres the problem right there. You're asking dealers. You've got to ask a non biased person. Maybe a lawyer.
This is a close friend...he wouldn't bullshit me about anything. Nor does he have any reason to since I'm not buying or planning on buying a car from him

Talked to a consumer advice person fro the Clark Howard show....they told me this isn't a big deal and that the info cannot be repurposed. I'm not buying or financing anything again anytime soon and my score is high enough it isn't really that much of an issue. I just need to make sure that the paperwork says "one time use" or something of that nature. Talked to a credit agency employee on anotehr forum and he said that there are other ways of getting security/OFAC info that don't involve a credit pull too that I should inquire about
firebird1999us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:49 PM   #21
Rain
help! my Yaris shrunk!

Drives: 12 Hot Lava iQ/07 Jade Vios
Three dealers did the same thing to me.
My car wasn't going to be financed but they ran a credit report on me anyway.
Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:51 PM   #22
Shroomster
'07 to '12:2 wipers to 1?

Drives: '12 5-door LE & '14 5-door LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird1999us View Post
This is a close friend...he wouldn't bullshit me about anything. Nor does he have any reason to since I'm not buying or planning on buying a car from him

Talked to a consumer advice person fro the Clark Howard show....they told me this isn't a big deal and that the info cannot be repurposed. I'm not buying or financing anything again anytime soon and my score is high enough it isn't really that much of an issue. I just need to make sure that the paperwork says "one time use" or something of that nature. Talked to a credit agency employee on anotehr forum and he said that there are other ways of getting security/OFAC info that don't involve a credit pull too that I should inquire about
seriously if you're this scared about your credit score and personal information why don't you bunker yourself up in a bomb shelter with supplies and wait for the end of humanity....you need to live your one life and stop worrying.....

don't know if anyone else sees things this way but damnit.... life was never supposed to comprise of this much b/s....
Shroomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:05 PM   #23
firebird1999us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroomster View Post
seriously if you're this scared about your credit score and personal information why don't you bunker yourself up in a bomb shelter with supplies and wait for the end of humanity....you need to live your one life and stop worrying.....

don't know if anyone else sees things this way but damnit.... life was never supposed to comprise of this much b/s....
I worked hard to get my credit score where it is and as a result have no debt and can finance just about anything I want within reason at just about the best rates possible...I'm not interested in someone taking advantage of that or chipping away at something like that. If they only pull it once for the intended purpose I can live with that...but if it gets sent around to everybody and their brother so the dealer can make a buck off of me that's not acceptable

But lets be honest, if I were really that paranoid about things I wouldn't own two other cars that get teribble gas mileage and have no real practicle purpose just because I think they're fun
Old 02-06-2009, 02:09 PM   #24
eht13

Drives: .
Quote:
Roll up baller style. With a suitcase filled with cash. Except have someone else hold it. Have him wear a suit. When you snap your fingers, have him plop down the cash, harsh style and open it. hahahha
This is great. Also, have the guy in the suit with the briefcase (suitcase?) full of cash be wearing sunglasses. And when he opens it to show them the cash, tell the salesperson, "It's all there. Do you need to count it?"

Last edited by eht13; 02-06-2009 at 05:04 PM.
eht13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:10 PM   #25
firebird1999us

Quote:
Originally Posted by eht13 View Post
This is great. Also, have the guy in the suit with the briefcase (suitcase?) full of cash be wearing sunglasses. And we he opens it to show them the cash, tell the salesperson, "It's all there. Do you need to count it?"
Old 02-06-2009, 02:35 PM   #26
BLAZINBLUEVITZ

Drives: 2007 YARIS 3DOOR
Quote:
Roll up baller style. With a suitcase filled with cash. Except have someone else hold it. Have him wear a suit. When you snap your fingers, have him plop down the cash, harsh style and open it. hahahha
suitcase would work if it was all $1's but 15k will fit in a brown sandwich bag....
BLAZINBLUEVITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:46 PM   #27
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
Patriot Act, can't avoid it
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 12:37 PM   #28
b_hickman11

Drives: 08 Sedan
http://www.irs.gov/compliance/enforc...113003,00.html

It doesnt matter what you are buying...... a car, boat, RV, groceries, beer, etc......if the transaction is more than $10,000 and was paid for in cash, ALL business must fill out an IRS form and send it to the feds. I use to work in a grocery store while I was in college and we would have people come in and wire money to different places all over the world. If it was over a certain amount, we had to have their SSN to fill out some forms. A lot of these laws have been around for decades but they got a lot stricter after 9/11.
b_hickman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 04:30 AM   #29
hobojon

Drives: Yaris
You can freeze your credit reports prior to going to the dealer. They will be able to pull a soft inquiry but not a hard. Soft inquiries will not ding your credit score. It's priceless when they try to pull your report after they have told you they weren't and it comes up blank with just your name and address. it costs $10 per agency (Transunion, Equifax and Experian) in my state. Some states are free.
hobojon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:38 AM   #30
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamago View Post
didn't read the thread, but in short, they DO need your social. they DO need your ID but they don't need to run your credit.

salesmen have to fill out a form for the IRS if someone drops over $10,000 cash on a car IIRC.. keeps people from laundering money through a dealership.
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_hickman11 View Post
http://www.irs.gov/compliance/enforc...113003,00.html

It doesnt matter what you are buying...... a car, boat, RV, groceries, beer, etc......if the transaction is more than $10,000 and was paid for in cash, ALL business must fill out an IRS form and send it to the feds. I use to work in a grocery store while I was in college and we would have people come in and wire money to different places all over the world. If it was over a certain amount, we had to have their SSN to fill out some forms. A lot of these laws have been around for decades but they got a lot stricter after 9/11.

have we been avoiding the reason why this whole time?
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:06 PM   #31
hobojon

Drives: Yaris
They may need your social for a cash transaction over 10K but they don't need to pull your credit.
Also, as far as fico scores go, the score you purchase from Fico is the "classic" fico score and will differ from wht the dealer pulls which is the "auto enhanced" version. The auto score weighs installment tradelines more heavily.
hobojon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:39 PM   #32
b_hickman11

Drives: 08 Sedan
Either way....they will need your SSN.....cash or finance
b_hickman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:08 PM   #33
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
I'm in California and just got a Yaris at a local dealership here.

The same thing happened to me and they also mentioned the Patriot Act as a reason why I should fiill out a Financing Questionnaire eventhough I was paying with a cheque. I flatly refused and threatened to walk out the door at that point, told them that if my money wasn't good enough, I could go elsewhere.

The Financing Manager came out and explained that they needed sufficient info to track me down if the cheque bounced (OK, that sounds reasonable) and they do need some proof of identity because they're liable for the cars (that, too). I provided them my driver's license, my Social Security #, my registration and proof of insurance for the car I was trading in, and allowed them to run the credit report if that really made them happy and that would get me out the door faster. That is all you need to give them, well, in California, at least.
tomato is offline   Reply With Quote