Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-30-2009, 08:54 AM   #1
rayups
I've made a post!

Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatchback
Sleeping in Yaris Hatchback

Has anyone found a good configuration for 1 average sized man to sleep in a Yaris hatchback?
rayups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:13 AM   #2
kac

Drives: 2009 Meteorite 3dr
I'm smaller than average, but laying in the bench seat was more comfortible for me than reclining the passenger seat...
kac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:16 AM   #3
IsLNdbOi

Drives: Polar White - 5 Door '09 LB
What about this?
http://www.autoanything.com/truck-te...0A3142626.aspx
IsLNdbOi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:09 AM   #4
BaknBlak

Drives: Black '07 HB A
I made a bed for my wife on a trip from Seattle to LA this summer. Front Passenger seat was all the way forward and reclined forward. If someone is driving, remove the headrest so they can see the mirror. Put your right rear seat all the way forward and use the flap to make it as flat as possible. Then I put our luggage in the holes and blankets and some pillows and she said it wasn't bad. She had her head towards the back. She slept all night, I slept in the drivers seat at a rest area, 3 hrs. Sleep anywhere but in that drivers seat.
BaknBlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:39 AM   #5
ryota
Dry Bones

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to ryota
i thought reclined in a front seat was pretty comfortable when i slept in mine
Old 11-30-2009, 11:49 AM   #6
nemelek
DWEED

Drives: 3DR 2008 Metorite Metalic
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
I like it.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:16 PM   #7
chongopants
Banned

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via AIM to chongopants Send a message via MSN to chongopants
if you have the HB with a bench you can push it all the way forward and lay a thich mat down (i use one for camping) and it takes the unevenn'ess out of it.. This makes for two adults or 1 comfortably.

That way no misquitoes/bugs, and a/c if you wanna leave it running (our car will idle for a VERY long time with a/c on if needed)
chongopants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:28 PM   #8
slothman86

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
When I was threaten with living in my car while traveling back and forth to work a couple hours a day, I thought of taking the passenger seat and right rear seat out totally and putting a mattress or something in its place. Maybe cutting my own foam mattress out or something.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:07 AM   #9
Zaphod

Drives: Big Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
What do you really get out of those that you wouldn't get with a regular tent instead?

I can kind of understand it with truck tents as you're at least off the ground and you don't have to worry about storing a hard camper shell when you don't need it, but then you're kind of forced to take the tent down when you need to go somewhere.

To me if I bothered putting up a tent just to catch some sleep, I may as well get one big enough to put cots in, but if it's just for from some quick shuteye I'll just recline the passenger seat.
Zaphod is offline   Reply With Quote