Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-07-2009, 07:07 PM   #1
Vang

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan
Windows and Engine

My '08 sedan has really bad water spots on the windows and won't go away. I have tried Stoner's Invisible Glass & Windex, but they don't do anything. Is there anything that I could use to remove them effectively and how can I prevent it from happening again?
Also how do you guys clean the engine bay? Mine is very dusty from my dirt road... should I just spray it with a pressure washer and is there anything I have to worry about when spraying it? Thanks
Vang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 03:14 PM   #2
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
Sounds like you need a glass polish. Look around there are several brands.

I don't think pressure washers are good for the engine bay. You need to be careful of the electrics and air intake.
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:15 AM   #3
DARK AGE 53

Drives: 2009 Yaris Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vang View Post
My '08 sedan has really bad water spots on the windows and won't go away. I have tried Stoner's Invisible Glass & Windex, but they don't do anything. Is there anything that I could use to remove them effectively and how can I prevent it from happening again?

One of the best and cheapest ways I've found to remove water spots from glass ( do not use this on painted surfaces ) is to use Bar Keepers Friend, it's a kitchen cleanser. I mist down the glass with water then use a small amount of BKF on a damp rag, work the spotted area making sure the rag doesn't get too dry ( not too wet either ). Once you're done wipe with a clean rag, I think you'll be happy with the results.
BTW, this is the product I'm talking about http://www.surlatable.com/product/id...:referralID=NA

Last edited by DARK AGE 53; 01-07-2010 at 03:56 PM.
DARK AGE 53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:39 PM   #4
darkmoon87

Drives: 08 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK AGE 53 View Post
One of the best and cheapest ways I've found to remove water spots from glass ( do not use this on painted surfaces ) is to use Bar Keepers Friend, it's a kitchen cleanser. I mist down the glass with water then use a small amount of BKF on a damp rag, work the spotted area making sure the rag doesn't get too dry ( not too wet either ). Once you're done wipe with a clean rag, I think you'll be happy with the results.
where do I buy this in canada?? i went their website to find a store locater and it only shows US states.

Or is there another product that's as strong / effective as Bar Keepers Friend that I can purchase locally here??

Water stains are pain in the ass for me these days...fak

darkmoon87's picture thread
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10013
darkmoon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:57 AM   #5
Arkhangel

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Water stains are pain in the ass for me these days...fak[/QUOTE]

+1
I have the same problem, also tried Stoners invisible glass, but it doesnt do anything on the area the wipers dont touch,

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. --Tom Clancy
Arkhangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:44 PM   #6
DARK AGE 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmoon87 View Post
where do I buy this in canada?? i went their website to find a store locater and it only shows US states.

Or is there another product that's as strong / effective as Bar Keepers Friend that I can purchase locally here??

Water stains are pain in the ass for me these days...fak
Try WalMart in your area, phone number 604-435-6905, also look in some of your larger grocery stores. I haven't tried anything else so I wouldn't suggest using something other the Bar Keepers Friend. If you can't find BKF in your area let me know.

Later,
Al
Old 01-07-2010, 03:51 PM   #7
DARK AGE 53

darkmoon87, this might help also http://www.barkeepersfriend.com/states/Canada.htm
BTW, this is the product I'm talking about, http://www.surlatable.com/product/id...:referralID=NA