Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-11-2011, 04:33 PM   #19
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

Drives: 2010 1E7 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Send a message via MSN to .Kevin.
Alright will return my bondo shit, and look for JB weld, where there is JB weld there should be other repair products will go for the better lookin one. I also already have sand paper and clear paint just need the can of my 1E7 from dupli color thanks guys will report back
Old 05-11-2011, 05:05 PM   #20
mazilla
advocatus diaboli

Drives: 07 Yaris hatch
The problem(in this application) with JB is how rigid it is, when that bumper flexes the JB will separate from the plastic. You need something specifically designed for plastic, so it will flex with the surrounding material. I'm tryin to find the exact epoxy I used to fix a two foot crack on the bottom of my current bumper, the best part was the applicator tip was spiraled, by the time te two part mix reached the bottom it was thoroughly mixed and ready to fill. On mine I backed the crack with boat hull repair epoxy(I'm still worried about it's rigidity) then filled the crack with the liquid epoxy. I've scraped that same spot at least a half dozen times since the repair and it hasn't budged...only time will tell.

My odometer 03/11
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...a/2843ed85.jpg
mazilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 05:15 PM   #21
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazilla View Post
The problem(in this application) with JB is how rigid it is, when that bumper flexes the JB will separate from the plastic. You need something specifically designed for plastic, so it will flex with the surrounding material. I'm tryin to find the exact epoxy I used to fix a two foot crack on the bottom of my current bumper, the best part was the applicator tip was spiraled, by the time te two part mix reached the bottom it was thoroughly mixed and ready to fill. On mine I backed the crack with boat hull repair epoxy(I'm still worried about it's rigidity) then filled the crack with the liquid epoxy.
Yeah I want to avoid it snapping again and possibly even taking more plastic with it this time, I hit snow alot here in winter even when I go through clear roads so I want somethingnthat will work.

All we need is a name, you can do it!@
Old 05-11-2011, 05:29 PM   #22
mazilla
advocatus diaboli

Drives: 07 Yaris hatch

Found it, the one I used(IIRC) said "made for plastic" but it was this brand and looked identical.

Not too bad for phone searching...If I was at home I would have found the info sooner.

My odometer 03/11
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...a/2843ed85.jpg
mazilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 05:56 PM   #23
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

Awesome I wll look around at all my hardware stores and auto stores for something like this.

Thanks man
Old 05-11-2011, 07:05 PM   #24
AppleJacks716

Drives: 2010 5 Door
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Kevin. View Post
Does anyone know particularly what material our bumper is made of? Curious as to doing a self repair not sure if bondo will work so I was going to sodder on plastic to it of the same kind sand it down and repaint.
I'd take the bumper off, and use a screen mesh and epoxy behind the crack to brace it and form it back together. Then use a plastic filler on the front to make everything look better. Other ideas would be getting a front lip, that should cover it up, or just get a new bumper.
AppleJacks716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:46 PM   #25
dingbat

Drives: '10 3D Liftback
Anyone got an answer for what type of plastic it is yet?
dingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:51 PM   #26
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

Don't think we'll even know maybe if we check the manual
Old 05-21-2011, 03:58 PM   #27
MickZEL

Drives: Yaris sedan
http://www.bampera.ru/remont_plastika.htm

Check it and translate