Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 04-07-2016, 12:28 PM   #1
mrs_yaris

Drives: 2009 Sedan Base 15'
Exclamation Hubcap question 2009 Yaris Sedan- URGENT

Hello

I am a car novice but I am utterly in love with my car so I am posting here after having exhausted my limited knowledge on cars and after extensive google search.

I have a bit of a basic question. I have a 2009 Yaris Sedan base with 15' wheels. A few days back one hubcap flew off my wheels while driving. I am now trying to buy a replacement wheel cover and I am confused about the options available. The original hubcap is a 8-spoke one with 4 lugnut spaces. Most of the replacement covers I am seeing online have NO space for the lugnuts.

My question is,

1. Is the lugnut space cosmetic and will any 15' wheel cover fit on the car- with or without the lugnut hole?
2. Will I be able to replace the cover myself at home given that it has this lugnut thing going on.

I don't trust my tire place to do it because they are the ones who put in on loose when they changes my tires recently.

This is what the original wheels look like
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yaris2.jpg (34.4 KB, 69 views)
mrs_yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 12:35 PM   #2
brushforhire

Drives: 07 HB YARIS, 15 JUKE, 00 TUNDR
Here is a replica with the lug holes: Replica

Otherwise the lug holes are mainly cosmetic, as long as there is enough clearance the cap without the holes will be fine.

You can install it yourself with or without the lug holes, just make sure it is evenly set.

One thing to watch, if you go aftermarket, is the proper mounting tabs. I know Toyotas never seemed to have much luck, because of their steel wheel lip, with aftermarket hub caps.
brushforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 01:40 PM   #3
Deathegg

Drives: 2010 Yaris hatch
I always thought that someone had stolen two of my wheel covers, then I started seeing MANY Yari with missing covers, so I'm thinking they just flew off my car as yours did, and that it must be a wheel cover design problem. I just go without covers now.

I mean, who would steal Yaris wheelcovers??!
Old 04-13-2016, 02:21 PM   #4
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
I sold mine to one of those Hubcap Annie type spots near my house. Got $30 bucks for the set, which I was more than happy to take for them. If something happened to my wheels, I'd just rock the steelies naked. I prefer that look to the covers themselves. You might consider looking for one of those one-off hubcap shops near you. I'd bet you'd find original covers on the cheap.

The guy at the shop I sold mine to mentioned there being multiple styles with one being particularly sought after. Mine weren't those or he'd have paid more. If memory serves, the OP's 8 spoke style is the popular one he was talking about. He was meticulous about checking the tabs that hold them on as he claimed they break easily, which is why people regularly come looking to buy one or two from him.
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2009 sedan, 2009 yaris